cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering SQL database (Does Functions, programs get saved in SQL database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

We have an ERP server (ECC) and have created lots of database tables, functions, Abap programs etc.,

For some reason our ERP software is corrupted. However, the SQL database looks ok.

So here is what we want to do.

We have a ghost image of the server that was done some 2 months back. So we would like to backup the SQL database, then get the ghost image installed on the server. Then recover the SQL database.

By doing this, will we be able to get back all the tables, data elements, BAPIs, functions, ABAP programs etc.,

Please let us know.

I will really appreciate it.

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For some reason our ERP software is corrupted. However, the SQL database looks ok.

-> how did you identify that your ERP i.e SAP software is corrupted?

If your database is ok and central instance is corrupted then you can do the following

uninstall central instance ( don't delete database instance )

install Central instance again ( DDIC password is required for client 000)

We have a ghost image of the server that was done some 2 months back. So we would like to backup the SQL database, then get the ghost image installed on the server. Then recover the SQL database.

I'm not sure about ghost software, it is better to take backup of SAP regularly.

if you still recover SAP using your ghost software then you lost 2 month work (i.e ghost image of the server that was done some 2 months back.)

regards,

kaushal

Answers (0)