cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tcode link with Transaction/Event Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need your help to undestand concept related to Transaction/Event Type. Having a look into customizing I realize that every Tcode which post material document is linked to Transaction/Event Type (for example MB11 has WA), is it correct? Transaction/event Type is used only to define number ranges?

Would it be possible to change Transaction/Event Key for a specific Tcode or are they SAP default?

I know that for every Tcode is possible to change Document Type to generate FI documents so what could happen having Tcode with Transaction/Event Type WA and Document Type WE?

Thank you in advance for your collaboration.

Fuffo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please read this note

OSS Note 18614 - MMIM: Transaction/event type for goods movements

Note Language: Version: 1 Validity: valid since 23.08.2001

Symptom

The transaction/event type (field: T158-VGART) for goods movements is set in table T158 for the transaction code. This transaction/event type cannot be set via Customizing.

Additional key words

Cause and prerequisites

The transaction/event type has a program control function. If the customer sets the transaction/event type, this may lead to errors. For this reason, the setting should not be possible via Customizing.

Solution

Please do not change the transaction/event type in table T158. You should look for alternatives to reach your aim without making any changes.

Source code corrections

Header Data

Release Status: Released for Customer

Released on: 02.03.1995 23:00:00

Priority: Recommendations/additional info

Category: Consulting

Primary Component: MM-IM Inventory Management

Affected Releases

Release-Independent

Answers (0)