Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaster recovery - Oracle

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

Is there some simple step-by-step guide for disaster recovery of Enterprise 4.7, WAS 620, Oracle?

I am trying to create a disaster recovery scenario for our production based on DB13 backup and brrestore (I am doing backup to disk). The backup works fine and I have got the new machine to play with restore.

I am not very experienced BC and here's how my unsuccessfull try went on:

1. Installed the new SAP system on the "playground" machine with the file structure same as on production (the system was installed properly, I was able to log-on)

2. Stopped the new system and its database

3. messed a little with init<DBID>.sap until brrestore went on

4. brrestore-ed from the backed-up production files (the entire 'sapbackup' folder):

brrestore -b bdrfydrx.and -m full

; the brrestore run successfully and the files on the new system were replaced by the backed-up production files.

5. Attempted to run SAP: the processes were green for about 1 minute; however, I wasn't able to log on, and then the disp+work died (went not yellow, but rather grey)

6. Stopped the services

7. Replaced kernel with the production kernel (copied the entire 'usr' folder, shared the 'usr\sap' folder as saploc and sapmnt)

8. Attempt to start the services - it got even worse: the SAP<SAPSID>_<SYSNO> service wouldn't start. The popup says that the service returns no error, but it's rather a Windows or internal service error.

And now I'm stuck. Please help! The SAP notes on this matter (such as 96848 - Disaster recovery for SAP R/3 on Oracle) have endless iterations of reference notes, and are not very tutorial-organized. The Installation Guide "Homogeneous and Heterogeneous System Copy..." includes only copy based on running SAPinst to export the database, not on backup/restore.

Is there something better?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Igor

P.S. If I survive, I promise to write a "restore for dummies" weblog on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is the guide:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/72/96d34c435c3c4ca5894749ef1435ac/frameset.htm

Also,

I thought after you restroed the brrestore backup, you need to recover you database by restoring all your redo log files to the target server and issuing the command in sqlplus:

recover database until cancel auto;

Can you paste your alert log ?

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am looking for disaster recovery test plan for SAP

if you have any documents please do forward to me