cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Customer Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to delete a customer from SAP. I don't want to use XD06. This would just mark it for deletion. The users in my company created a customer as sold to party and they want to change the account group to ship to. using XD07 - "Change Account Group" some of the field pertaining to sold to party would be masked if its changed to ship to..So SAP is not lletting me do that. I want to use the same name for the ship to. The only way is to remove the customer out of the system. How do I handle this. Is there any way i can used the same customer name with a different account group.

I would really appreciate if someone can help with this........

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to totally remove the customer from system then you have to archive the customer otherwise mark the current customer for deletion and create new.

Unless you have some custom coding, system will not stop you from creating another customer with the same name. So I don't see an issue here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a naming convention for all ship to parties and the business strictly wants to stick to it and have the same name created. That's the issue and I am looking for deleting the customer. If I archive the customer record would still exist and i cant create with the same name.