cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which way to go for ABAPer with one and half year of exp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am an ABAPer with one and half year of experience.

Worked on Reports,BADI,Enhancements,BDC,smart forms.

1)I wanted to know if its really worth to switch to Netweaver after having around one and half years of ABAP experience as in india promotions are faster and one remains technical person for around 7 years only as in case i take some netweaver component at this stage i will have to start from zero .

2)Further marketwise(Salary) is there too vast difference between an ABAPer and Netwaver technical consultant as it will again take one and half year to learn new Netweaver component and by the time i will be having 3 years of ABAP experience in case i decide to remain inABAP.

In other words which one is better option between one and half years of Netweaver experience or 3 years of ABAP experience marketwise and careerwise.I will be really thankful if somebody can give a bit descriptive explanation in this regard.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

I have already answered a similar question from you earlier.

Please do not create duplicate threads.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

You are on the right track and working with good area's of ABAP, So try to continue the same. In between try to acuire some skills in NW components like Portal, XI where they need ABAP knowledge. So by another 1.5 year you wll be come a NW Consultant. Don't think about switching to SD since you don't have any knowledge in domain.

All the Best.

Hari.