cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

icon in header coloumn only displayed when not bound to context

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I face a pretty strange behaviour in my application. I have atable with some columns.

I want the header with an icon behind the text. usually that is no big deal. Alas the icon wll not be displayed when I bind the columns textview to the context. when I hard-code some entry to the "text" property the icon is shown.

I tried it on several columns, copied the columns and just switched the text property, its always the same behaviour...

2004 SP19

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds strange. Can you give more details on data-binding and context structure?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out more,

As I wanted to use table sorting I did all the necessary things in the view, edited wddomodify, added sort action and copied the TableSorter class.

Unfortunately the icons for sorting didn't appear an I couldn't figure out why, so I decided to add them manually, just to let the user know it's possible to sort.

so when the col is bound to a context the manual icon is invisible, when not bound its visible. its also visible when I uncomment the wddomodify part where you register the action to the table, but then I do no have table sorting ARGH!

regards

stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which means the table works as expected but the table sorter you are using doesn't.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

well table sorter does work when turned on, but then no icons are displayed...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

It finally works, it's always good to get a break when you're stuck..

I deleted the tablesorter class and used to "offixial" one from the tutorial. then the icons were displayed after th efirst time it was sorted.

As you can read in thread

that happened to others to.

I just added one method to the tablesorter class...

public void sort(IWDNode dataSource, String columnId)

and called that upon table data context binding, so that initialy the table is sorted and also the icon appears on the initially sorted

regards

stefan