cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSD Pricing Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are at the MDSD execution part of the DSD project. I have a question related to the Mobile client part.

In the SAP documentation it tells us that we need to have the following three:

1) MDSD Application

2) DSD Pricing Engine &

3) Locan DB2e database.

I had installed the mobile client and also I had deployed the DB2e database

My question is :

What is meant by DSD pricing engine????

Is I need to download something similar to MDSD application and I neeed to deploy in the newweaver administrator ????

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks,

Greetson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, this is a separate App. To get a better understanding of the proces, have a look here. The second to last page says something about the pricing engine and that picture should give you the understanding:

www.sap.eu/mexico/company/events/presentaciones/vc-cpg/5-dsd.pdf

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

One more question. We had distributed all the master data from the R/3 backend to the DSD connector table through IDOC's but when I do a sync the master data is not getting downloaded into the mobile client. I am not sure why ??? In the mobile client the Master data button is greyed out in the MDSD application.

Thanks,

Greetson

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the page no 46 it's telling Mini-SPE (pricing engine) . We have many BYNCBO Objects starts wit "SPE_" for the DSD. I had imported all those SYNCBO objects as part of the DSD configuration in MI server.

I am not sure those are the ones that is mentioned in the Mobile Client ???

I am not able to find any seperate applications for MDSD pricing engine over SDN/ SAP marketplace & in the internet.

Thanks,

Greetson

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

You need all SyncBOs as required by xMDSD (any version). The DSD Pricing Engine relate to the Pricing Extractor Engine in the backend which has the responsability of extracting the pricing relevant components that will be retrieved by the Pricing Extraction engine and then sent to the BAPI Wrappers for all SPE* SyncBOs. This is as standard as it is. Therefore all SyncBOs must be imported to the Middleware and then all the function modules should be generated. Otherwise you wont be able to perform a successfull synchronization.

Regards,

Frank