cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

support package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are planning to go ahead with downloading and implementing the latest support package in SCM 5.0. dev system.

How can i know, what changes it can bring to the system ? We will be doing whole stack. I am concerned for BI and SCM environments.

Will it impact my current objects ?

Any info on this ?

thx

venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

depends on what SP you are moving from and the amount of changes that impact your configuration.....

since there would be a lot of notes its probably not possible to see all the notes but just investigate the areas that your system uses and go through notes which are marked important and critical

its good practice to take a copy of your production system into a test system and implement the notes there first and extensively test your regular business processes there for a few weeks(just run the things you would do regularly) and particularly the critical processes

even one change that impacts your config could cause disruption in your production system... for eg a single change in the way TLB profile is maintained (0m3 is not recognized any longer but we had it already created it and as used earlier) caused a lot of headache by the time it was found out

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your inputs. I found some good info on the website. They say the latest SP available is 12, but i do see 13 also.

Anyway, closing this thread.

thx

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as I know, upgrading the support package will not impact your current objects.

and about your second query, you can get the detailed explanation on SAP Service marketplace for the changes latest support package will have.

http://service.sap.com/

Regards,

Prafulla