cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt regarding the namespace and release transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

When going through the Namespace section ,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/a3/cc132914cf41e4a193c32627a87542/content.htm

i read this

You can use the same repository namespace in the different versions of a software component. However, you must use different repository namespaces in different software components. If this is not the case, the ES Builder displays a relevant warning message.

while i have read in Release transfer that while transfering object from one SWCV to another SWCV like for eg. one full Namespace from one Software Component to other Software Component , have to create a Namespace of same name in target Software Component.

url : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/61/fec608bc27654daadb20c1e6da7dd1/frameset.htm

So , i am all confused , can you all please help me in here .

Question : I want to transfer one namespace from a particular Software Component to another Software Component . Then do i hav to create a new namespace with different name or same as that of source namespace. But we cann't create a namespace with same name in two different Software Components . Is it right ??

Mind it i m talking between two different Software Components . Please

Edited by: Abhishek Singh on Apr 8, 2008 5:17 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

thats right.

you cant use the same namespace for diferents SWC, but you can use the same namespace for other version of SWC for example

SWC: I_SAPBI_CUSTOMER 1.0

namespace: urn:example.com:pi:bi:customer

SWC: I_SAPBI_CUSTOMER 2.0

Thats OK

SWC: I_SAPBI_CUSTOMER 1.0

SWC: I_SAPHR_CUSTOMER 1.0

Thats Wrong becouse the SWC is differents

Hope it solve your issue.

Thanks

Rodrigp

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ji

Ya you are perfectly right in making that three points in last reply , but i think that last point u mentioned and that is there in release transfer url also is for one Software component to another . I think thats what the url says also

Regards

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey thanks buddies ,

Ok this is cleared now , i wanna know one thing , actually i have tried to perform RELEASE TRANSFER process but the problem which is coming is related to namespace in target Software component . I am unable to perform it and i have checked the url :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/61/fec608bc27654daadb20c1e6da7dd1/frameset.htm

also but thats what i am looking for transfer b/w two different Software Components not within can u help me in here but b somewhat more explanatory.Please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Abhishek:

Correct me if I am wrong:

Release Transfer is only used for same SWC, from lower verion to higher version, it is not used for transfter between different SWC.

Liang

Edited by: Liang Ji on Apr 8, 2008 9:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct myself:

Release Transfter can:

*From a current software component version to the subsequent version, once development in the current version is finished

*From a software component version to an older version of the same software component, for example to make a correction available in an older version.

*From a software component version to a version of another software component. For example, this may be necessary because you may want to stop objects of software components that are based on each other from being available in the sub-software component, and only make them available in the superior software component.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

NameSpace is global unique.

But different versions of SWCV can hold same namespace, this is similar like higher version has backward compatibility.

Liang