cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short dump in VL02n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP-Gurus,

I just want to post goods issue in the outbound delivery transaction (VL02n) as I get this lovely short dump message:

-

Runtime Error: Message_TYPE_X

error message: No RFC destination is defined for SAP Global Trade Services

Program: SAPLMBWL

Include: LMBWLU21

Module Name: MB_POST_GOODS_MOVEMENT

-

I already tried several SAP Notes, but no success there. They seem to be very old (~ 2001), and I think there are all in the actuel support packages involved.

I compared the program MB_POST_GOODS_MOVEMENT with the same program in another (working!) system, but there is no difference.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Rainer

Edited by: Rainer Fux on Apr 8, 2008 4:33 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rainer,

Please discuss the same with BASIS-Administrator, at your end. He will make required changes in to the Details (Program, Module etc..) as mentioned in Error Log-detail.

Alternatively Check with SAP-Note: 825448

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: Please check with:

SPRO --> IMG --> Sales and Distribution --> Foreign Trade and Customs --> SAP Global Trade Services - Plug-In --> Control Data for Transfer to SAP Global Trade Services -->Technical Activation of Document Transfer

--> Activate Transfer of Outbounf Delivery

--> Configure Copy Control Settings for Document Transfer

Check any one of this is activated/ deactivated???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

I already solved this problem a while ago. But your solution is right: I just deactived the checkbox for "Activate Transfer of Outbounf Delivery".

Regards,

Rainer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In IMG activity, you assign the logical system of the feeder system to a client. If you do not make this assignment, the feeder system cannot communicate with SAP Global Trade Service (SAP GTS).

In the IMG setting expand the link -> SAP Global Trade Services -> System Communication -> System Connection to Feeder System -> Assign logical System

On executing this link you will get an entry screen where you have to create an entry with your Client number & Logical system name(check with basis person in your organisation if you are not sure of the name)

Further you can select the below given options :

• automatic recording of changes

• changes to repository & cross client customising allowed

Keep all other settings as default.

This should resolve your problem.

Sunil V

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rainer

To enable the communication between two systems or more, you establish a technical connection between them – in this case, a connection between your backend system and SAP Global Trade Services (SAP GTS). You create a system connection by maintaining Remote Function Call (RFC) destinations for RFC calls.

Procedure

1. Access the activity using the following navigation option:

SAP R/3: GTS Menu Basic Settings  Maintain RFC Destinations for RFC Calls

Transaction Code /N/SAPSLL/MENU_LEGALR3

2. Create a new SAP R/3 connection (connection type 3 , R/3 Connection).

3. Enter the name of the target logical system (in this case SAP GTS) as the name of the RFC destination.

4. Specify the IP address of SAP GTS.

5. Specify the RFC user, client and password to be used for logging on to SAP GTS with RFC calls.

6. Use the functions Remote Logon and Test Connections to test the connection.

If the name of your SAP GTS logical system is JDVCLNT100, you need to specify the RFC destination ‘JDVCLNT100’, the connection type ‘3’, the IP address, and the RFC user ‘USERRFC’ with the appropriate password in client 100.

Maintaining RFC Destinations for Method Calls

To define the standard connection for method calls, you assign the Remote Function Call (RFC) destination you defined in the preceding step for SAP Global Trade Services (SAP GTS) as the standard Business Application Programming Interface (BAPI) destination for the SAP GTS logical system.

1. Access the activity using the following navigation option:

SAP R/3: GTS Menu Basic Settings  Maintain RFC Destinations for Method Calls

Transaction Code /N/SAPSLL/MENU_LEGALR3

2. Assign the previously defined RFC destination as standard BAPI destination for SAP GTS logical system.

If your SAP GTS logical system and the RFC destination you defined both have the value JDVCLNT100, do the following assignments:

Backend System: JDLCLNT900

SAP GTS: JDVCLNT100

Standard RFC Destination for BAPI Calls: JDVCLNT100

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your response.

I followed your little tutorial, but theres no change. I still got the error. I have to say that I am not using active SAP GTS.

I have never made any customizing for GTS in other systems, but I had no problems there.

Thanks anyway. Other suggestions?

Regards

Rainer

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rainer

Check whether this link is of helpful to you.

[No/Wrong RFC Destination in J2EE RFC Engine|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/45/12ff4080bcf423e10000000a155106/content.htm]

Also check whether this could be of helpful to you

[ SM59 - RFC Destination|http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-interfaces/sm59-rfc-destination-90754]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi