Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Error Allocating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all!

i faced with some serious problem:

i have successfully imported alot of data (is about 9mln of records)

and after that i can't load Data Manager (and also Import Manager )

it's return Message Box with errors like that: [MessageBox1|http://avoreg.ru/v.php?id=c934bea338a90d2d2d38b93a441bd105.png] [MessageBox2|http://avoreg.ru/v.php?id=d05d3d5aa26cf74d7123f41fa034731b.png]

if somebody faced with that problem too?

Does any body know how to solve it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Just try this out...

Set the attribute Number of Rows Per Fetch=50 in the mds.ini file and just unload n load the repository once.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jitesh

i've tried but it didn't help =(

Any other suggestion?

What about OSS msg?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Please refer to the link below that conatins the list of enteries can be made in mds.ini file.Well i am not sure whether it contains the solution of your query but lets try atleast.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/8e/9f9c427055c66ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

Appendices -> Configuration Files -> MDM Server Settings

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jitesh,

thx for trying to help me! i've already tried to play with that server configuration but unfortunately it didn't help

From my point of view the problem is not on server side but on clients GUI application, the matter is that it's trying to load whole repository when it's starting.

I decided to write tiny Java test program which will try to connect to repository and get a bit of data. And if it will works correctly then my suggestion is right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

I also had this problem by importing a lot less data. But I was importing complex XML.

My solution (quick&dirty ) was to import only part of the data (of the fields)once.

So, try making not one Import Map, but let's say 2 Import Maps and import your data each time in two steps.

This should work with the Import Manager.

Pls. tell me if it works!

Thanks

Mircea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mircea!

it's interesting solution, but the matter is that i've already imported all the data and i can't load Data Manager after that, nor Import Manager .

Do U have any idea about that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

well, actually, I don't really have an ideea about that.

I think your Repository might be a little too big.

You could try adding an extra Gigabit RAM to your Client, if you don't already have 2 GB RAM.

Have you checked the Repository after Import (Check/Repair) in the Console?

Also try to increase the performance of the Repository, by eliminating Indexing for the fields that don't need it and so on.

Try this link:

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001191122007E

You'll find there “Good to Know” Topics Related to Sizing and

Performance.

If you also solve this problem, please let me know how you did it.

BR,

Mircea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I am aware that MDM can store a huge number of master records but it is really amazing that you have loaded 9 million records.

I feel that the major reason why your data manger and import manger are failing to open is because of the performance issue.

When your repository has lakhs of records then the tiem taken in performing the differnt activities such as loading the rep,mounting the rep takes a hell lot of time.

I worked with few lakhs of records and my sytem was crawling.

MDM import manger has something known as chunk size it imports records in that limit of sets .

So if you have more records it will crash thats what i observed in my scenario.

Just wanted to know in what slots size have you imported the records

Thanks

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona.

there is 10000 records per XML file and also in Configuration of Port there is File Aggregation Count = 1

i know that it's recommended to use 5000 chunk size but it was not me who dump data to XML files from another system.

And also i'd like to mention that MDM Server and Oracle DB is situated on two separeted servers, but on load one XML file it takes from 30seconds to 1hour =(

And also there was a problem on Oracle server - log file borrow all disk space 😃 so it's needed to Monitoring for it and Clean up when needed and also extended of disk space may be

Also question to all:

What U think from your own experience how i could to optimize Import a lot of data next time?

If any suggestion about chunk size and file aggregation count ? and may be also any tuning of DB?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

From my side its memory sortage and need to increase disk space on MDM server machine and chunk size and all may have impact as i dont faced such kind of things.

But as per my knowledge, extended hardware configuration can be an alternative for it.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

try remounting the repository in console and load in data manager.If it stills fails close the data manager session and in console see the reports and logs for resolving.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

1. Unmount and Mount repository.

2. If possible, restart MDM services (server).

3. You can also use the check,verify, repair options if they help.

4. If not, raise OSS message.

Hope this helps,

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for reply!

i tried to restart MDM server but it not helps.

Also i'd like to mention that to load repository it takes from 30minutes to 2hours.

The matter is that now Import Server still importing data, so after it finished i'll try to Unmount\Mount repository

and also Check and Repair it.

Also there is [log|http://avoreg.ru/v.php?id=84e43a4889a5c3fad8f50f08a6f95d75.jpg] of DataManager

If there is any programmers? it's seems to me that error raised because DM IM try to load repository to local machine when it's starting and failed because a lot of data...

May be somebody makes another suggestion.

Could u please also provide me with info about OSS Message and how i can post it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

What I can suggest is; just wait for some time say 15-20 mins and then first try to mount that particular repository in Console.

If it allows you to mount the repository then try to open that repository in data manager.

Everything should get ok in max half an hour.

Please let me know, if still it throws same error.

Reward points, if found helpful.

Regards,

Varun