cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuration in xI for 100 customers ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have developed interfaces and we need to configure the same design objects for 100 different customers.

we cannot have a generic as we need to authenticate each user and send the confirmation specific to each user.

which is the best approach, do i need to have a specific configuration for each customer, like party defined for each specific customer or a generic configuration ?

can any body suggest me the best approach where we need to validate each user for security purpouse and troubleshoot messages for a specific customer ?

any help or ideas would be really appreciated

Thanks,

Srini

Edited by: srinivas kapu on Apr 8, 2008 8:05 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>we need to configure the same design objects for 100 different customers.

Is all the customers points different Business system / Business service

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasthuri,

100 customers will have different systems and they initially sent the messages to one XI system in Germany and from there we get the messages into our XI system and we need to route back the responses to this central xi system back in Germany after interacting with our 3rd party webbased system.

Each customer will have a specific system and we need to differentate for each customer based on the part information and i think i can have one communication channel as the HTTP destintion is the central xi server and i think from there they will send the responses back to each customer.

any help or ideas would be appreciated

Thanks,

Srini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What's the actual protocol you're using to communicate (email, ftp?).

Depending on the scenario, you could retrieve the customer information (for example, email address) with dynamic configuration during mapping and use one single generic configuration.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create one Business Scenario and while creating Receiver Determinaton add all your receivers and create Communication Channels for them respectively.

I just forgot to ask, are you sending the same message to all 100 customers/receivers?

Regards,

Sarvesh

Edited by: Sarvesh Singh on Apr 8, 2008 7:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

All messages are payment card processing transactions so the messages will be specific to each customer so that case i cannot send the same message to 100 different customers.

Each customer will have a specifc transaction (Credit card Transactions), so i cannot the response of customer A to customer B or customer C.

I am thinking to have one configuration per customer so that it makes things easier to validate the customer and also for troubleshooting purpose for the messages of a specific customer.

plz correct me if i am wrong and any ideas would be really appreciated

Thanks,

Srini

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Each customer will have a specifc transaction (Credit card Transactions),

As you mentioned - troubleshooting purpose for the messages of a specific customer and the message is private one hence it is better to go for one configuration per Customer.

One Clarification - Whether XI receives all the messages from the same sender ?

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Edited by: Agasthuri Doss Baladandapani on Apr 8, 2008 8:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasthuri,

As you mentioned - troubleshooting purpose for the messages of a specific customer and the message is private one hence it is better to go for one configuration per Customer.

I agree with your idea and we are thinking the same

One Clarification - Whether XI receives all the messages from the same sender ?

Ya, the central XI system in Germany.

Thanks,

Srini

Edited by: srinivas kapu on Apr 8, 2008 9:27 AM

Edited by: srinivas kapu on Apr 8, 2008 9:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi Sarvesh,

>

> All messages are payment card processing transactions so the messages will be specific to each customer so that case i cannot send the same message to 100 different customers.

>

> Each customer will have a specifc transaction (Credit card Transactions), so i cannot the response of customer A to customer B or customer C.

>

> I am thinking to have one configuration per customer so that it makes things easier to validate the customer and also for troubleshooting purpose for the messages of a specific customer.

>

> plz correct me if i am wrong and any ideas would be really appreciated

Hi,

Ok, i am agree with your points, as per my opinion too you should go for one configuration per customer.

Regards,

Sarvesh