Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting User Groups.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can anyone help me in the procedure for transporting a specific user group from one client of an sap system to another client of another sap system.

Regards

Kantikiran

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no transport icon in tcode SUGR so you will have to transport the tables themselves. Create a workbench request and include the table contents of USGRP and USGRPT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What JC said.. I have scribbled in my notes..

The user groups are stored in tables USGRP and USGRPT (texts).

If you want to transport the groups , you can create a transport (TABU)

for these 2 tables (transaction SE09).

Former Member
0 Kudos

USGRP and USGRPT tables are not Customizing but application tables. So changes will not be included/promted for transports.

Edited by: Keerti Vemulapalli on Apr 8, 2008 2:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you want to transport them?

From an "overview" and S_USER_GRP perspective you should be able to copy & paste quite easily, I would think.

Transporting stuff normally is a requirement for keeping your DEV-QAS-PROD etc landscape "in sync". So you should have less and less user groups available, as you have less and less roles... moving up the "pipeline".

You might also want TEST user groups in DEV/QAS which you dont want in PROD. A different concept for organizing access to users in a group.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I usually cheat and start off with a transport when I am starting up a new environment, but I can get away with it because we use our user group scheme for a specific purpose that works across the board in all of our landscapes.