cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW setup for Web AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Web AS and Portal 6.0 installed on computer with

1GB RAM, 4GB virtual memory on WIN2003 Web Edition, I'm experiencing a slow response from server when accessing portal from browser.

Can someone post here his/her configuration for running Portal or Web AS in general. What should I do to improve performance ?

Thanks for any help

Best regards,

Miroslav Koskar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miroslav,

if it is WebAS 6.40, 2 GB RAM should be a minimum.

Hope it helps

Detlev

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check also service.sap.com/quicksizing

for HW sizing.

Eddy

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls don't forget to reward points and close the question if you find the answers useful.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I made an upgrade and add memory module to my PC, and when I boot my SAP system cannot start. I don't know what may be wrong. When I remove added module, all starts properly.

Have anyone an idea why is that ?

Thanks

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miroslav,

> when I boot my SAP system cannot start

The computer or the software / J2EE server?

If the computer: Check if you have at least set in the same type of RAM which has already been in there before; if yes, most probable the memory is just broken. You could do things: Try to decrease memory access speed within the BIOS settings (but for details, ask in a technical forum outside SDN, I would suggest). Or check the RAM with a MemChecker, some cool boards have it installed within the BIOS.

If the J2EE server: Check the logs for detailed error message!

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

The computer boots normaly, and it detects added module.

But when I start j2ee server, it don't start properly, in sap management console it is still in yellow state with message "Some processes running".

So I checked logs /work/dev_jcontrol ..., and there was these errors.

This is end of /work/dev_jcontrol

-

[Thr 3408] *** ERROR => MsINiRead: NiBufReceive failed (NIECONN_BROKEN) [msxxi.c 2488]

[Thr 3408] *** ERROR => MsIReadFromHdl: NiRead (rc=NIECONN_BROKEN) [msxxi.c 1652]

[Thr 3408] Thu Nov 24 10:12:01 2005

[Thr 3408] ***LOG Q0I=> NiPConnect2: SiPeekPendConn (10061: WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused) [nixxi_r.cpp 8588]

[Thr 3408] *** ERROR => MsIAttachEx: NiBufConnect to gd3/3601 failed (rc=NIECONN_REFUSED) [msxxi.c 633]

[Thr 3408] *** WARNING => Can't reconnect to message server (gd3/3601) [rc = -100]-> reconnect [jcntrms.c 295]

-

What is strange, I was unable to start for example config tool. JVM took me some strange long listing of errors. I've never seen that. So this experiences leads me to that the memory is incompatible (but all memory modules are the same type DDR-400 but different vendor)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miroslav,

that's really strange. Anyhow:

> that the memory is incompatible

... or buggy, yes, that's still possible.

If you start your system, only some memory is used, if you start the SAP system, really heavy memory usage happens...

You could use a MemTest tool and/or try to replace the old module with the new one (so that you have the same - old - size of memory, but the new module to test).

Hope it helps

Detlev

Answers (0)