cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS: Eventing with Employee Profile/Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've followed this blog to event with employee profile iview. In the end, the application does pick the employee selected from Employee Search table, but the issue is, on selecting a employee, the application doesnt pickup the pernr. The app reacts to the event .

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/how-toaddacustomWebDynproiViewtotheMSSEmployeeProfile%28ECC+6.0%29&

Has anyone tried this? If so, is there anyother step missing?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Dharani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharani,

Did you copy the General Information page or did you add your iview to the standard page?

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

I have a custom WD application called working patterns where in which layout has a personnel number and the button called Get employee.

If the employee enters some personnel number and hits Get Employee button it pass all the required information of the employee(who belongs to the personnel number) to the next view.

Now my requirement is to remove that option(giving personnel number and press Button) and add the standard employee search option so that user can click the employee personnel number from the search.....instead of typing.

I have followed the below blog .......I din't add the General Information page to my development?

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/how-toaddacustomWebDynproiViewtotheMSSEmployeeProfile%28ECC+6.0%29&

Is't required to add?

Please help me .........

I hope you have recently done the safe sort of development.

Kindly help me.........

Looking forward to hear from you soon

Thanks in Advance,

Dharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharani,

Did you follow the steps 4 & 5 from the blog? That is, create FPM View for your custom webdynpro app and add it to General Information FPM application?

And then did you create an iview as explained in the blog and add it to the standard general information page?

If you follow the blog as is, you'll be able to attach your custom wd app to the General Information page.

Let me know if face any issues.

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

As the blog says, Am not getting the option Create FPM iview if I click on the folder where I stores my Custom WD application?

and I don't understand the below step in the blog can you please tell me what is this and how to set the parameter ?

As we do want to enhance the MSS Employee Profile application we have to set the parameter to the following value:

portal_content/com.sap.pct/srvconfig/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.mss/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.eepro/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.fpmapplications/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.GeneralInformation

Its the PCD location of the FPM-Application of the Employee Profile General Information.

If we now would start the WD application standalone, without further configuration in the portal, we would start the FPM application GeneralInformation, where the application parameter sap.xss.BaseConfigurationID does point to. (see figure 11)

and am not getting the XSS folder in my PCD ? is that is important? somewhere iam missed out the steps?

please educate me how to about about it.

AS of now I have finished till step 3........remaining steps am not able to execute further ............

Please help me out.......

Looking forward to hear from you soon........

Thanks in Advance,

Dharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

I am waiting fir your input...

Adding to the above post......

I have update my custom view by following blog ...

Like added used dc's pcui_gp/xssfpm and pcui_gp/xssutils to my custom Wd application and followed the rest all steps.

But in the step 4 am not getting the option of New--->FPM view....

As usual am getting the option of New----->View

I think i have ,missed some step............please let me know that.........

Am looking forward to hear from you soon...................

Thanks in Advance,

Dharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need Self-Services Administrator role to create FPM Views and FPM applications.

The blog is about adding a custom webdynpro (based on FPM framework) to the standard General Information page. Hence he says, "we want to enhance Employee Profile".

To be able to do the above, you need to create a FPM View out of your wd application, as described in the blog, and then add the FPM View to the General Information FPM Application (using the self-services administrator role - ask your portal admin).

Since we're adding our custom wd to General Information FPM Application, the application parameter "sap.xss.BaseConfigurationID" should be (the value in the blog). Take a look at any SAP delivered ess/mss wd dc to get an idea of the parameter.

FPM documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/b4/139525380149a49c8402e22700e4ba/frameset.htm

Then follow the other steps and let me know how you fare.

Cheers,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

I have assigned the Self Service Administator role eventhough am not getting the option for creating FPM view?

When I compare the application which currently has the employee search with my custom WD application.......

I found only the below property difference........

Property External Link (which has the employee search):webdynpro:java/sap.com/mss~eepro/com.sap.xss.hr.eeprofile.CompensationInformation/base/CompensationAdjustments

External Link of my custom WD application 😞 webdynpro:java/sap.com/home~working_pattern/com.sap.enfield.work.schedules.AmendWorkScheduleComp/base

and I don't find anyother differnce between this..........

If I have to change the above property? is there any specific.. value that I need to maintain in th external link......

Please Let me know........

Thanks in Advance,

Dharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you've the Self Services Administrator role, you should actually get only three options whenever you right click on a folder and then New -> FPM Application/FPM View/Folder.

You've to sort that out first.

And the blog deals with Employee Search which is part of General Information page which is

pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/line_manager/com.sap.pct.erp.mss.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.mss.iviews/com.sap.pct.erp.mss.hcm/com.sap.pct.erp.mss.generalinfo_employeesearch

I suggest you read through the FPM documentation to get a hang of FPM, FPM Applications and FPM Webdynpros.

And, you dont need to change the property of your iview.

Get the role sorted and just follow the steps from the blog.

Thanks,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

As of now I don't have FPM view business package in my portal ?

I don't know whether is anything like that is there?

Please tell me the is there any business package that i need to upload to avail this FPM?

Currently the business package which am using is ESS/MSS SP 11

Kindly Let me ..........

Thanks in Advance,

Dharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have ESS/MSS business packages installed on the portal and if you're able to be assigned the Self-Services Administrator role, I guess you've everything you need.

Once assigned, did you get Self-Services Administrator in the Top level navigation and did you click on it?

Do you see a folder "srvconfig" under Portal Content -> Content Provided by SAP (either in Content Administrator role or the Self-Service Admin role)?

And what's under this folder?

Thanks,

Rajit

P.S:Assign points for useful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

Thanks you so much for your valuble inputs ,guidelines and patients......

Since am new to this type of development ....I don't understand the flow of execution.......

As you told Now i navigated to Self Service adminstartaor and am getting New->FPM view-->FPM application option.......

and under the srvconfig I have got 4 folders as follows........

com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.ess.employee_self_service

com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.hr_administartor

com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.mss

com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.xss.self_service_generic_parts

Kindly let me know what to do...........

Please guide me step by step..........

Kindly give me you guidelines pleaseeeeeeee

Thanks in Advance,

Dharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow from step 4 as is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

I don't understand the below thing in the blog................

As we do want to enhance the MSS Employee Profile application we have to set the parameter to the following value:

portal_content/com.sap.pct/srvconfig/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.mss/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.eepro/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.fpmapplications/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.GeneralInformation

Its the PCD location of the FPM-Application of the Employee Profile General Information.

Please tell me about this.........

Thanks in Advance,

Dharani