cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undesired Forecast Release on Non-working Days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using APO 4.1. We are focusing on DP to SNP forecast release of a single product to a single location. We have monthly time buckets in DP and we are trying to come up with demands on 6 days a week (excluding Sundays) in SNP. We have set "2" as period split to SNP2 tab of product location master data so that the data is disaggregated to the workdays in the present & future and then released for the same days. Once we change the shipping calendar of the location master so that it includes 6 days a week, there is no problem about the calculation of the daily forecast release quantity. But when we try to release the forecasts to SNP, we still observe demands on Sundays which should not be the case.

For instance, we have a monthly forecast of 4000 units & 20 workdays in a month.

Here is what we want:

Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun ....

20 20 20 20 20 20 0 ....

Here is what we get:

Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun ...

20 20 20 20 20 20 20 ...

We would appreciate any kind of help on this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the usual way i would do this is to do the breakup into the required days in DP itself

create an interim PA(thats exclusively used for this purpose) which has the same MPOS as the PA that you have currently but just needs one KF which you use for release and is maintaind with the same horizons as the other KF

but use a different storage bucket with months and days and has a time profile attached to it which uses a factory calendar where the non working days are maintained

instead of releasing from PA in DP to SNP... TSCOPY your Release KF from PA to PA_interim and then to SNP in one single job... the TS copy should take care of the non work days in DP itself... release to SNP is straightforward after that

there is a bit of maintainace involved...just have one PB on the interim PA for admin purposes.... add the PA to maintainance jobs such as initialization of Time series and cons check etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Planning version & model management in master data can you check if you have selected the option "Local time Zone"

, if not select the check box and release the demand, before releasing delete all the existing demands.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Harish! Your suggestion was very helpful for us to solve our issue.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try using a time stream id in your storage bucket with calculation rule in days specify only Monday through Saturday. The data itself is stored only in 6 days.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj,

But we have already done it. Otherwise, we could not have observed the right daily forecast quantities. However, we still have forecasts on Sundays. While calculating the quantities, it does not count Sundays whereas while assigning the forecasts to days, it releases also on Sundays.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj, I guess I misunderstood you. I was thinking about the calendars we are using for the location.

I guess you are referring to /SAPAPO/TR30. How can I modify the workday status of the periods in the time buckets profile? Do you have an idea?

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure the receiving calendars in Location that the forecast is released to have Sundays as non-working days. Am little surprised why behaviour is changing with shipping calendar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, but I forgot to say that the receiving calendar is also the same with the shipping calendar. They both do not include Sundays. Yet, the problem cannot be resolved.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you already tried this, but can you blank out period indicator in product location ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

By period indicator, if you mean period split field of SNP2 tab in product location master data, we need it to be 2 and we cannot leave it blank...

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Out of curiosity do you get the desired result if the period split is kept blank ? Atleast this will help isolate the issue - whether it is some interface problem or period split issue ?

I am surprised there is a business benefit with period split of 2 since SNP is a medium term planning tool. The first week is close to meaningless anyway since no one can react to a demand in a 4-5 days horizon. Which industry are we talking about ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Srinivas. I tried leaving blank, but we still have forecasts on Sundays...

The industry is consumer goods-beverages. VMI imlementation of distributors is within the scope of the project and the detailed production planning activities will be planned outside APO.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to make sure this is not a display problem, can you check the time zone of the user ID you are using. (Go to System --> User Profile --> Own data)

Also in /sapapo/mvm, can you make sure that under SNP section the "Local Time Zone" is switch ON.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the time zone of the user ID, it is the same with the system's.

Local time zone box is also checked.

Thanks for your replies. But we still have the problem...