cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while archiving the repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We are facing error while archiving the repository. It is giving following error while archiving:

Error reading blob from A2i_CM_XMLschema table

Operation ended in ERROR : 84020008H : Database binary object error.

Can anybody help me on this.

I am not getting error while working with repository. Its working fine but only while archiving its giving this error.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I am verifying the repository, its giving following warning in the report :

$$$ Warning(1329): Table A2i_1 needs compacting(IdMax=171, IdCount=137).

Can anybody help on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

before verifying unload the repository and from the context menu select Compact.then again do a verify.It should work

regard

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried doing that . Now after compacting i am not getting warning while verifying but while archiving i am getting following error :

*Error reading blob from A2i_CM_XMLSchema table*

*$$$ Operation ended in ERROR : 84020008H : Database binary object error.*

Also I tried unarchiving from earlier archived file but for unarchiving also its giving me following Error:

MDM Repository data is out of date or locked by another MDM Server. Refresh the data and try the operation again.

I checked. There is no another MDM server accessing the repository. What does it mean by Refresh Data.

Do above two problems inter-related.

Can anybody help me on this.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SapBasis,

Looking into the error that you are still facing, I feel there is basically 1 point to cover.

Data out of Date - For this, I think that since you have also tried Unarchiving the repository, you may now try Unloading the Rep

and then Loading it With Update Indices.

Also if still the problem persists, then you may Import the data again and Update the data existing in MDM (as the error tells that the Data needs to be refreshed).

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check your XML Schema table in the MDM Console whether all the enteries are .XSD only because it allows you to enter the file with any extension.And the error Binary is due to the reason that Sql Server stores the records of XML Schema table in the binary object or data type is binary.

One thing I would like to ask that is there exists any XSD file that is huge in storage size?Remove that for time being and then try Archieving.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to avoid the error at archiving, it is advisiable to verify and check the repository prior to archiving it.

Just Right click on the repository name and a list of options will appear. Click on verify repository and also check it.

I hope this will definately help.

Thanks and Regards,

Shreya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for reply.

I did that. Before archiving repository it verifies and in that also it gives warning but repair option does not comes bold so I could not select it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Repair option will become active only when you unload the repository

It is adviceable to do Verify?repair in case of errors.From there you can point the actual problem by viewing the error log

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not getting any errors while verifying. I am able to work on repository without any problem. But while archiving only it gives above error and stops.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried running a Verify and/or Repair on the repository to see if there are any warnings or errors that needed to be repaired?