cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Instances for SLM and ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to install SAP Solution Manager 4.0 and SAP ERP 2005 on the same host - 64bit machine, no productive environment.

Should i use the "multiple components in one database" option or should i give each system an own instance?

If i choose the second option does the SAPinst program install the whole maxdb software twice or does it just setup a second instance?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The MaxDB software has independent parts which are shared and dependent parts which are installed for each instance separately.

I would use the second approach if you really want to install Solman on the same box. I highly recommend using a separate machine for this, SolMan is a resource hog and will need at least 6 GB of memory that will be missed by your ERP system.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately i have only one machine for this scenario - my department just wants to get some experience with SAP ERP.

So your recommendation is that each System should get its own database. That mean i should not use the MCOD option and instead give each database its own instance ID during the installation process.

Did i get you right?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - you got me right.

Be aware that you need to take care of two systems when you upgrade the database to a newer build (make sure the other instance is down while you upgrade one).

Markus