I have only 2 dialog wp i want to add 4 more wp how can i do it

any help will be appriciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bhupinder,

You can add the dialog work process.

Go to your instance profile : usr/sap<sid>/sys/profile in that select instance profile.

rdisp/wp_no_dia = 6

and restart the instance. Then check it in MMC whether dialog process increased or not.

Hope this will resolve your problem.

Regards

Vijay kumar G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh yes this is also another way. However if you are sufficiently large number of total processes available then you make changes with RZ04 without the need of a restart.

But basically if this is new installation then rdisp/wp_no_dia should be adjusted first. So should be other process related parameters so that you have sufficiently high number of total processes.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wp depends on the memory available in your system,just dont simply change the number of wp by using the parameters.

Change the number accordingly.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah of course but I suppose a proper installation would have taken care of proper memory allocation as well

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How much memory does 1 wp use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to SAP , 1 work process takes 50 MB to 60 MB of memory depending on the SAP release and operating system

Reema Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to one of my running systems (Windows 2003 IA64) one disp+work process takes from 2.6 MB up to 549 MB.

Virtual memory sizes are from 130 MB to 246 MB.

It takes much more memory on 64 bit systems...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

What instance parameter sets the amount of memory assigned for each WP??

Thanks in advance,

BOB

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no such parameter because a WP can go in private mode and allocate memory dynamically (so called heap memory).

You can just limit the maximum of heap memory per process and indirectly limite the memory size of a work process.

The parameters are :

abap/heap_area_dia for dialog processes

abap/heap_area_nondia for batch processes

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos