cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding - BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.

i have material say 'X' (fert) which having bom with components 'Y'(halb)

my requirement is, material 'Y' some times it is procured from outside and some times it is produced inhse.

for in hse production of 'Y', bom and routing is maintained.

before mrp run i want mention that whether it is ext proc or inhse.

then only 'Y' material BOM will not explode.

can u reply me the possiblities

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prakesh

You can try this.

Step - 1

Create Mat Y as HALB and Z as ROH . Then create a BOM Mat Y as Header and Mat Z as Item. Keep procurement type E for HALB.

Step - 2

Create One more material as Y1 mat type ROH.

Step-3

Create a BOM alternate 1 with Mat X as Header and Mat Y as Item. And give lot size.say 0 - 500

Step-4

Create Routing for Y.

Step - 5

Create a BOM alternate 2 for Mat X as Header and Y1 as Item. And give lot size 501- 99999. You must vary the lot size. Do not create Routing for Y1 since it is ROH.

If you run MRP for Material X with requirement between 0-500 Dependent req Y will be exploded and inhouse prod will happen with routing and plan order.

With requirement more than 500 the system will explode Y1 and create PR not plan order. No dependent requirement for Y1 and BOM will not be exploded for Y1.

Hope this will solve your problem

Regards

J . Saravan

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

You can maintain procurement type 'X' on MRP 2 of your material master.

Other master data depends on you:

in-house production:

- BOM

- W/C

- Routing

- Production version (if necessary)

external procurement:

- vendor master

- info record

- source list

Maintaining quota arrangement you can determine the source of supply during MRP run.

Please check:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/75/ee115f55c811d189900000e8322d00/frameset.htm

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply

my fert material is 'X' having bom. bom componenet is'Y' (halb).

material 'Y' having bom. bom component is 'Z'(roh).

procurement proposals are created for this materials only by MRP.

my question is

material "Y" sometime they procured from outside and sometimes they produced inhse.

if material(Y) produced inhse is not a problem.

after md02 for 'X' ,

system expoldes two bom and planned orders created for X,Y and pur req created for Z.

if material (Y) procured from outside.

after md02,

i want planned order for X and pur req for Y.(system should not explode Y material BOM)

how can i do this??

thanks in advance..

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you are procuring material Y with both procurement then untill MRP run is done and you decide how to procure material Y (externally or in-house).

The advantage of both procerement is that you can do selection for perticular material , inhouse production as well as external procurement after MRP run.when you will click on dependent requirement then "both options are open for you either "planned order or purchase requisition"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

pls try as follows .

1. Maintain Proc type x - both for matl Y (halb)

2. Create 2 Production versions - PV1 for inhouse and the other PV2 for external proc.

For this u create 2 BOMS - Alt 1 for Inhouse and Alt 2 for ext proc.

Create BOM1 as usual with Y as Header matl and Z as comp.

WHile creating the BOM 2( ext proc ) do not add the component( Z ROH), ie create BOM without component.

In the PV1, specify the BOM as BOM1 - inhouse

In the PV2 , specify the BOM as BOM2 - external.

Now specify the PV2 in Pur Info record of Y.

So when you run MRP , by default it will create planned order.

When you want to produce inhouse , convert to planned order

and when you want to procure externally , convert to Pur Req during which the system takes PV2 from Pur Info record and hence no proposals for Z will be created.

pls try and get back.

Note:

If you leave the indicator X for both procurement types in the material master record, and you have not maintained any quota arrangements, the system automatically switches to in-house production. The system therefore firstly creates planned orders, which you can then convert into production orders or purchase requisitions.

Regards,

Sheik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

you can try this

assign procurement type X for material; Y in mrp2 view

create a BOM for X having Y and Y having Z

run MRP ,MD04 you have a planned order for halb

if you like to produce in house convert plnd order to prodn order

if you like to purchase outside convert plnd order to pur req and convert it to pur order

regards

Deva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Follow the step 2 of dharma and also mention both procurement types in mrp2 view.

During mrp run, the system will prompt u.

Regards

Nanduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can maintain both procurement type for material in MRP 2 view of material master.it should solve your problem .so as per requirement you can convert the same into external proc. or in-house production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create two routing one is for inhouse and another is for externeal procurement.

Create Production version with these two routings.But to select correct Prod version you have to differentiate the Prod version by Lot size or Date. Then only system will select correct prod version.

If you don't want to create Prod version, use this step given below.

Create two routings.

After MRP run system will create planned order. When convert planned order to prod order, you can select the routing whether inhouse or External.

For this in OPL8 - Order type dependent parameter you have to select routing selection - manually. So when convert to prod order system will ask you which routing to select.

Regards,

Dharma