cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy DMS - problem with object linking (unicode client)

david_deeg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a problem concerning linking a materialmaster to a DIR in a uniciode environment. I tested following scenarios:

1) Easy DMS 6.00 SP10 non unicode + non unicode Backend --> no problem

2) Easy DMS 6.00 SP10 non unicode + unicode Backend --> no problem

3) Easy DMS 6.00 SP10 unicode + non unicode Backend --> no problem

4) Easy DMS 6.00 SP10 unicode + unicode Backend --> problem

Following Problem appears in scenario 4:

Our Material Number Format is ______-____-___ (6 digits - 4 digits - 3 digits), "Lexicographical" is disabled, "Leading Zeros" is enabled.

When I type in material number "111111-2222-333" and press "check all objects and read description" Easy DMS reads the description for

111111-2222-333 but after that easy dms changes 111111-2222-333 to 000001-1111-122 and when I try to save the DIR it tells me that

000001-1111-122 is not a valid material master.

As I mentioned this only appears with the unicode client + unicode backend. Any Ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

please tell us which version of EasyDMS you use currently. If you do not use EasyDMS 6.00 SP10 I would kindly ask you to see SAP note 1105699 and download this SP from the Service Marketplace.

Further please check if you have maintained the object link customizing correclty in your backend system. Therefore please see the information in the SDN WIKI area for DMS under https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/plm/ca-dms-Object+link

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for useful information.

david_deeg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

as mentioned above I use Easy DMS 6.00 SP10. I checked the customizing and it seems to be right.

Objekt linking works fine within the GUI an while using the non unicode verison. The problem only

appears while using the unicode version of Easy DMS with a unicode backend.

We switched a second backend system from non-unicode to unicode and now I have the same problem here.

Edited by: David Deeg on Apr 9, 2008 7:55 AM

Answers (0)