cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset Control in Char

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am using BEx query Designer. I am making a report on an HR module infoset.There is a characteristic which contains social security number. i.e. a eleven digit number. I want to show only the last 4 digits. This report does not contain any key figures, so no structures. I want to keep it that way for requested design reasons, so NO structures allowed. Is there a way where I can manipulate a characteristic value and show only part of it, maybe some sort of offset trick in BEx tool?

Regards,

Jack Silverz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Try creating a variable on SSN info object with option replacement path, there you will be able to put the offset values .

Hope it helps.

Regards

Mr Kapadia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

If I try creating a variable using replacement path for char, it asks me to replace value with query result and does not give me the offset option. offset option comes for formula variable which would require me to add a structure which is not allowed in this case.

But do you think by creating a variable on SSN infoobject using customer exit option, I could punch in code in include file ZXRSRU01. using I_step = 1 ?

Maybe I could take the SSN no in a variable and do 'var+7(4)' and then return this value through L_S_RANGE-LOW?

Regards,

Jack Silverz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Try the scenario with formula variable. In query designer toolbar you will get to see table display (left to tools ), click on it . System will then show everything char/kf in one columns area without any structure.

In the Modeling part you may always write a small formula & add new characteristics to get populated and the same can be used for reporting as suggested earlier by a good friend.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Mr Kapadia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

table display was really neat!! Thankyou Sir!. As for the routine or formula in Modelling, data is huge and over a long time, so to make a new char and fill it up with trimmed SSN no would mean pushing all that data....would be tedious work. Thanks again.

Regards,

Jack Silverz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Offset will not work in this scenerio, You can do this in modelling part by writing a routine and load only necessary 4 digits into new field.

Cheers,

Malli.