SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business scenario..for ISU and integration with R/3 modules..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario:

1. Client is providing Utility services to the customer and also to its own employees.

The service is also consumed by the employees who are treated as contract partners in ISU. The constraint is that the utility bill has to be deducted from their payroll, which is deducted monthly using a wage type from their pay roll, which is in SAP R/3.

2. Similarly some of the contract partners are also vendors to the client (the vendor and contract partner is same). The consumption of utility bill is adjusted to the payment made by the client to vendor.

Questions :

1. How we can deduct the utility bill of the employees from their payroll. Is there any integration of ISU with HR ?

2. Also how can we clear the receivables in FICA since data can be pushed from FICA to FICO thru reconciliation keys but not vice versa ?

3. How can the utility bill be deducted from vendor’s account and there is no standard link between vendor master to contract partner in ISU.

Can anybody suggest any standard solution for these two scenarios or any work arounds .

Early solutions are highly appriciated

Thanks and Regards

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please look into my answers below:

Questions:

1. How we can deduct the utility bill of the employees from their payroll. Is there any integration of ISU with HR?

i. There is no integration between ISU with HR. What you need to do is that create separate account determination id <say HR> and use this id in Contract account to identify that a particular contract account is an employee related ID.

ii. Now at the end of the day or month collect the O/s balances of all the employee contracts in a form of flat file, use a BDC program to update the data in the HR table PA0014 <Please confirm with your HR colleague too> so that their pay would be = Actual payroll-Amount due.

iii. After the above step, make sure that you run FPY1 <Payment run program> to clear all employee open items. You can have a separate payment method for Employees and attach the same in contract account

iv. You can create a separate ‘Z’ table to map Employee ID with a contract number so that during creation of flat file in step 1.ii above, your job becomes easier.

2. Also how can we clear the receivables in FICA since data can be pushed from FICA to FICO thru reconciliation keys but not vice versa?

i. Please refer to point 1.iv above. You need to run FPY1 Payment run to clear employee receivables in FICA.

3. How can the utility bill be deducted from vendor’s account and there is no standard link between vendor master to contract partner in ISU.

i. There is no integration between ISU with AP. What you need to do is that create separate account determination id <say AP> and use this id in Contract account to identify that a particular contract account is a Vendor related ID.

ii. Now at the end of the day or month collect the O/s balances of all the vendors in a form of flat file, use a BDC program to update the data in the AP table BSIK so that amount to be collected from vendor = Actual amount-Amount due.

iii. After the above step, make sure that you run FPY1 <Payment run program> to clear all Vendor open items. You can have a separate payment method for Vendor-Contract Accounts and attach the same in contract account

iv. You can create a separate ‘Z’ table to map Vendor number with a contract number so that during creation of flat file in step 1.ii above, your job becomes easier.

Additional points to be considered

1. Check if at all separate clearing rules are needed for Employee- Contract accounts, Vendor-Contract Accounts & other contract accounts.

2. Verify FM ‘COMPUTE_CONTRACT ACCOUNT_BALANCES’ is useful in obtaining the balances of contract accounts <I do not have SAP ISU active system with me else I would have provided correct FM>

3. There may be performance issues based on the volumes of the data.

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not sure whether my previous answer is useful to you or not.

Here is addition to my previous answer

Questions :

1. How we can deduct the utility bill of the employees from their payroll. Is there any integration of ISU with HR ?

I could suggest the following option:

a) Set up Client Payroll as a House Bank and a Bank Key, with special unique Bank clearing account.

b) Maintain Employee Number in a specific field (standard or custom) in the master data (in Business Partner record)

b) Set up Employee Contract Account with Direct Debit (e.g. Payment Method "P", with payment orders) using internal Payroll House Bank.

c) Run Payment run (with Payment Order) if you wish to only clear upon confirmation from HR Payroll

d) Extract outbound file from Payment run. Extract Payment Order number, amount and Employee number

e) Note: Check if HR already has an "expected" file format for Employee deduction program

f) Via program (maybe existing or custom) deduct the amount from the Employee's Payroll account

g) Flag successful (or unsuccessful) deduction on the incoming file and send back to IS-U

e) Post Payment Order Lots using the file in (g)

f) For unsuccesful payment, programmatically reverse payment order

2. Also how can we clear the receivables in FICA since data can be pushed from FICA to FICO thru reconciliation keys but not vice versa ?

Please see points (c), (g), (e) and (f) above

Use similar approach as in (1) above, set up A/P as internal House Bank, with special Clearing account.

Store vendor number in a specific field on BP Master record.

When sending the Direct Debit outbound file to A/P, extract the vendor number and place in file.

A/P can read the file to debit the vendor's account, and send back the file to clear payment orders with success or failure code.

Do let me know if you have any queries.

Rgds

Rajendra