cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving in SAP 4.5b

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying the archive process in our system. After modifying all Customizing settings and adding new variant and executing the archiving process, i found out that i have entered wrong parameters in the variant that i created. so i cancelled the process using end process.

I modified again the variant and when i'm trying to edit the Customization settings the parameter in the settings is disabled.

I want to ask how can i re-enabled this settings? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you have stopped/end the process. Now you want to archive with the correct variant selection criteria. For this to be successful, please first change the customising that you require and then in SARA--> re-create a new variant with the correct selection criteria to archive your data.

Please ensure that in t.code <file> you have maintained all the logical file path, fine name, pysical path's maintained properly.

I Hope your problem will be resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply spike,

yes, i want to correct the archiving process, but the technical customizing settings variables (i.e. max number of data object / size in mb) are disabled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

The parameters you mentioned (Max size and max number of data objects) need to be changed in your development system and transported to your production system.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks karin, ah oki, so thats why i cannot change it in the backup server. i'm testing the archiving in our back up server.

Answers (0)