cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material to material transfer (different BUM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question: How can I transfer material stok in KG to another material in ST?

I tried to use 309 mvt type, but the error "Stockkeeping units KG and ST differ" occurred.

Thanks and regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The rule for 309 movement type is that the Stock keeping units of both the materials should be the same.

So for carrying out the Process you need to maintain both the materials in same Base UOM.

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I can't change the base UOM, i need to transfer QTY1 in "KG" from MAT1 to QTY2 in "ST" MAT2.

I have maintained alternative UOM "KG" in MAT2 master data, but the error still occur.

Thanks,

Peter

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

You cannot realize material to material transfer if the base unit of measures differ from each other - according to my best knowledge.

Please check:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/a5/63392543a211d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

(stockkeeping unit = base unit)

You can use MB1A + 201 to eliminate the stock of one of yours material, and via MB1A + 202 you can set the stock level of the other material. The result is the same.

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Csaba, thank you for reply.

If i eliminate the amount via 201 mvt, i have to set the same amount via 202 mvt. But there is no amount field in MB1A.

How can i specify the amount value via 202 mvt?

Thanks,

Peter

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Do you think of the value at which the booking will be realized? SAP uses standrad price (if you maintain SP) / MAP, so you needn't give any value.

Of course the goods have to have the same SP if you want to have balance of 0 at the end of your action.

BR

Csaba

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

As you said, Material 1 is measured with KG and Material 2 is measured with ST. But let me know these two units of measure are base unit of measure or order unit. Please confirm the above.

If both materails unit of measure (i.e. you mentioned UoM) is base unit of measure means. You can do the material to material stock transfer, once after you maintain the conversion factor of unit of measure in the material master. (i.e. Goto Additional Data in the Material master through change materail master MM02. And give the conversion between these two UoM's and then try for the M to M transfer through T.Code: MB1A, with Mvt.type. 309.

Suggestion: But, I don't think it is possible (i.e. M to M transfer with each different UoM). However you just try for the above process and will make you understand.

Hope this will clarify you,

Reward, if it helps,

Regards,

Srin.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter..,

Maintain alternative unit of measure for the material and equate it with Kg.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can you transfer if one material is in "KG" & other in "ST"..

for transeferring material through 309 mvt , the units must be same.