Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding autorization object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a single role called xyz ,i need to use that role around 100 organisation and also i need to filter according to their respective organisation.How is it possible.Kindly recommmend a solution.

Regards

sekar.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

from the info fiven i suggest to create a template (basis) role and derive that 100 times.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please use the base role derived concept where in Base role will have org values as * and dervied roles will have your defined org values.

0 Kudos

>

> Hello,

> Please use the base role derived concept where in Base role will have org values as * and dervied roles will have your defined org values.

The base/master/parent role does not need to have * as org values, lots of places leave them blank.

0 Kudos

I would agree with Alex.

I am not a fan of derived roles, but from that little bit which I do know this * would also "blurr" the fields which are OrgLevel fields from the others which you might have maintained as * because you don't want to use them as a control in your concept.

Or do OrgLevel fields have a special colour or some other identification in the master role?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Yes u r correct, org values can be left as blank.There is no separate color for org values in Master Role..

Julius i am not sure why are not fan of derived role concept as this is widely accepted concept in terms of security....

0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Derived roles are widely accepted, as are composite roles and having manual & changed status authorisation objects. It doesn't necessarily mean that they are the right thing to do. Sure, there is a time and a place for them (when we are only deriving at Org Level - quite possibly this scenario) but they can cause plenty of problems if used to support a design which doesn't lend itself to this technique.

Cheers

Alex