cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file encription and decription XML file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have a scenario like Third party system sending file with PGP encription and drop at FTP server(filename.tar.gz). xi has to pick that encripted file using file adapter and decript the file and process in XI and send it to SAP as idoc. In the file Credit card information has to be Masked. How can we do this.

Any process or Any documentation would be helpfull.

Advanced thanks

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can put the OS command to decrypt the file in the Command Line Option available in the File Sender Comm Channel.

Hope this helps and don't forget to award points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Can you give me any blogs.

Thank you

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can get a basic idea from the below blogs.But the basic thing here is to have the decrypt script available at OS level in XI. Provide this command followed by the file name in the Command Line field available in the Communication Channel. This should help you decrypt the file before it is sent to the IE for processing.

I dont understand the second part of your question where you want to mask the credit card number. When do you want to mask the CC number?

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/21/executing-unix-shell-script-using-operating-system-command-in-xi

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/17/xi-operation-system-command--error-catching

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for help.

Once decript the file from FTP. we have to pick up and process the file in xi. in the file has credit card number. we need to mask or hide the credit card number. any idea for this.

advanced thanks

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can mask it in your mapping program. Replace all the character with '*' in the mapping program. But if you require that the target system need to again unmask it, this would not work. Do you need the target system to unmask it again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thank you.

yes i have to send to SAP. So they have to decript it again the credit card number. i think it's not possible to use *. Suppose if we use replace *. How sap can decript the message and processed in SAP.

any idea would be help

Thank you

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you can do this using the IDOC. If you need to mask this content, the only way is to send them a encrypted file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thank you. How can we do that encryptin in XI. How can we process the message if we encripted in xi. could you guide us please.

Thanks

satish

Satyagadadas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Use connection security in file adapter SFTP/SSL data connection

then use corresponding X.509 digital certficate name and private key which will

decrypt the message.

See the FILE adapter settings you get some idea.

You can use OS command which runs the script in this script you can execute PGP encryption

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using the "Run Operating System Command Before Message Processing" option in the Sender File Comm Channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

follow these threads and blogs

Thsese will solve your problem of encryption and decryption

You can use the function modules:

SSF_KRN_ENVELOPE

SSF_KRN_DEVELOPE

Here you can find example for encrypting and decrypting the passwords.

http://www.sap-img.com/abap/function-module-for-encryption-and-decryption.htm

/people/kathirvel.balakrishnan2/blog/2006/11/21/encryption-decryption-of-data-using-abap Encryption & Decryption of data using ABAP

/people/aparna.chaganti2/blog/2007/01/23/how-xml-encryption-can-be-done-using-web-services-security-in-sap-netweaver-xi

Thanks

Sandeep

PS if helpful kindly reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Any ideas. file decription and process in xi and encription again. any ideas would be appriciate.

any documents

Thanks

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Though XI/PI don't support the encryption mechanism, we achieve it by creating your own Module. Refer these links for possible solution.

/people/varadharajan.krishnasamy/blog/2007/05/11/how-to-use-digital-certificates-for-signing-encrypting-messages-in-xi

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/16/using-digital-signatures-in-xi

/people/aparna.chaganti2/blog/2007/01/23/how-xml-encryption-can-be-done-using-web-services-security-in-sap-netweaver-xi

Try these, and implement in your IDOC scenario. If found useful, points are welcomed.

regards,

sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you are creating the scenarios that is file to idoc . in this case you are using the 3rd party

send the file to xi and xi again send to the file system

and for the security you encrypted and decrypted the file you can do this scenarios

as a normal file to idoc scenatios

just do the IR and ID

create the data type , message type, message interface

message mapping and interface mapping

in the message mapping mapp the source object with the target object properly

in the ID

create the sender and receiver channel

receiver determination

interface determination

sender and receiver agreement

after creating all these copy the source code and paste in to the sender file folder and

check the runtime workbench

i hope it will solved

thanks

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

you are not understanding my question. i am not asking about the process of the file to idoc. i am asking about the file encription and decription.

thanks

satish