Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart creates multiple PO in ECS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SRM 5.5 Server with ECS.

When SC with multiple items is ordered, it creates multiple PO and place it on "Hold". The shopping cart items has similar following fields.

1. Vendor - No vendor

2. Purchasing org - Same PORG

3. Purc- group - Same PGRP

4. Currency - Same CUR

5. Incoterms - no Inco

6. Payment terms - no payment (no vendor)

7. Contract - no contracts

8. Document type - Same document type

9.Company code - Same company code

BTW... we are creating PO if "Document is complete".

Not sure which is triggering it, to create multiple PO. Let me know if anyone faced this type of isssue.

Thanks, Renga

10. Account assignment - Same Account assignment

Each item has different product category. This is just "Describe requirement". we are not using any BADI's for grouping.

Edited by: Renga Ramasamy on Apr 7, 2008 9:27 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Configuring Automatic Grouping for Sourcing

1. Choose Automatic grouping; sourcing for items without assigned source of supply in the

Sourcing column

If a source of supply is assigned to a requirement, the report

BBP_SC_TRANSFER_GROUPED automatically groups requirements together for the

creation of a PO. If the requirement does not have a source of supply, it appears in the

worklist of the sourcing application for manual assignment. Once you have assigned a

source of supply, you can submit the requirement to the report.

2. Choose Automatic grouping; sourcing is never carried out in the Sourcing column.

If a source of supply is assigned to a requirement, the report

BBP_SC_TRANSFER_GROUPED automatically groups requirements together for the

creation of a PO. If the requirement does not have a source of supply, an incomplete

PO is created.

(Extract from sourcing config guide)

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i totally agree with this "Sourcing Application" But my issue is different. In our case we are not sending these requirement for sourcing, this has to create a PO, buyer will decide to which vendor this PO needs to be sent. But if SC has 5 items, it creates 5 different PO, if it is for one vendor then buyer has to send 5 different PO for the same vendor.

Thanks, Renga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know ,If you have activated extended classic scenario then it will create a PO for each line Item.

Rgds,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renga,

The splitting of line items will not happen automatically and there must be a badi that is active.

Please refer this OSS note for better understanding about the split criteria.

Note 1052650 - Sourcing cockpit: Split criteria for creating follow-on docs

Also refer the below SDN on similar issue which will help you in resolving the issue.

Hope this helps you in resolving your issue. Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranga,

Please check since it is ECS so in the responsibility tab check the Product Category assignment to purchasing Grp (If for all the Prod cat one Purch Grp is responsible then)

Ship to Address ( If it is change then also it can split- so please check all the line items have same ship to address).

Please check if these two can solve your problem

Brgds/Gopesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I agree that ECS will work in this way and it is best way, since if buyer decides to post the multiple PO to different vendor then they have that options to do it.

The following OSS note is really helpfull.

Note 1052650 - Sourcing cockpit: Split criteria for creating follow-on docs

Thanks again for your helpfull answers.

Cheers, Renga

Answers (0)