cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP standard credit card functionality doesn't allow item level authorization. for eg: i cannot have item 1 assigned to 1 credit card and item 2 assigned to another. If I have to go for custom development to make it item level since the business requires it, can anyone pls tell me what wud be my approach and effects of it?Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

am not too sure regarding the possibility of doing the authorization with multiple cards since not supported by std. SAP. Already its a delicate process. You need to take some situation into account like

1) One of the line item is not available

2) Say the second card did nt have enough amount

3) But for case 2 if the credit rep group has released it manually then how do handle the payments.

4) Perhaps its a bad card

5) The type of interface you are using to contact external systems for authorizations and incase of failure for one of the cards how do know that.

6) And how do you tell the system to authorize a second line with a 2 nd Credit card.

these are few of the things to start off.. and am sure there would be plenty of other things to go for this,.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to my reply to your questions..Thanks....

Soln: Can’t we do partial delivery and come back to the second item later, maybe reauthorize.

Soln: The reauthorization has to be done for the complete order, since partial authorization is not possible. Am I right?

3) But for case 2 if the credit rep group has released it manually then how do handle the payments.

Soln: If credit rep group has authorized manually knowing not enough amount in card, then we take a risk of getting payed for it.

Soln: Bad card then authorization fails and blocked. May have to reauthorize with a new card.

5) The type of interface you are using to contact external systems for authorizations and incase of failure for one of the cards how do know that.

Soln: Can’t we go to payment card plan and check which card authorization failed, it shows a status there right?

6) And how do you tell the system to authorize a second line with a 2 nd Credit card.

Soln: This was my actual question, the above things are a issue even with the standard SAP system, but the std SAP doesn’t allow authorization at item level for different credit card, how do I approach this? Is it good idea to avoid this process by talking with business and telling them the risks involved with it? If not, any technical information you can provide to make it happen, like going to sales order program MV45AFZ and changing the user exit, any technical ideas??And any risks involved with that, since I think we may end up changing everywhere, also we are using 3rd party, so do I have to talk to 3rd party if they agree with this??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check in bold my comments

Please refer to my reply to your questions..Thanks....

Soln: Can’t we do partial delivery and come back to the second item later, maybe reauthorize.

yes yo can reauthorize but need to ensure with a lot of code in the authorization function module not to reauthorize the entire order and only for the item which is not available and that to for the credit card required. Since this function module doesnt work at item level. Risk number one

Soln: The reauthorization has to be done for the complete order, since partial authorization is not possible. Am I right?

Yes. Partial authorization is not possible

Soln: If credit rep group has authorized m

manually knowing not enough amount in card, then we take a risk of getting payed for it.

Yes this creates the problem while collecting payments. More its a process not at all to be encouraged by any level of users. But what we have done to avoid this is even if a delivery is created with a manual release they cannot do PGI.

Soln: Bad card then authorization fails and blocked. May have to reauthorize with a new card.

Yes. Might have to interact with customer again to get the new card. This is true even for a normal process also. But when you are handling with multiple cards then there would some issues like cusotmer telling use the first card when second fails. There some issues in the copy controls when you reference a prev document, failed authorization again enter a new one.. do it..You might tweak the routines to get this going. Not to say you cant handle but thats a modification again.

Soln: Can’t we go to payment card plan and check which card authorization failed, it shows a status there right?

The third party gives lot many codes for failure where as sap handles only 3. Yes it shows a status in the payment card plan. but the difficulty here is assuming there is no issue in SAP, and we would be using some technology like XI to communicate to third party it shows only information based on the order level. Sorry, am trying to explain more but its difficult write so much here. But to say the level of complexity goes up.

Soln: This was my actual question, the above things are a issue even with the standard SAP system, but the std SAP doesn’t allow authorization at item level for different credit card, how do I approach this? Is it good idea to avoid this process by talking with business and telling them the risks involved with it? If not, any technical information you can provide to make it happen, like going to sales order program MV45AFZ and changing the user exit, any technical ideas??And any risks involved with that, since I think we may end up changing everywhere, also we are using 3rd party, so do I have to talk to 3rd party if they agree with this??

User exits cant do everything. There are many places we have tweaked our system starting from copy controls, exits, function modules, new routines incase of printing invoices failed for settlement.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

manually knowing not enough amount in card, then we take a risk of getting payed for it.

Yes this creates the problem while collecting payments. More its a process not at all to be encouraged by any level of users. But what we have done to avoid this is even if a delivery is created with a manual release they cannot do PGI.

How and where did you control the subsequent function from happening like picking, PGI or invoice??

Yes. Might have to interact with customer again to get the new card. This is true even for a normal process also. But when you are handling with multiple cards then there would some issues like goes up.

Is this something an SD functional guy details with? Or is it purely XI technical guy takes care of??

User exits cant do everything. There are many places we have tweaked our system starting from copy controls, exits, function modules, new routines incase of printing invoices failed for settlement.

It seems you have implemented credit card before and have you also implemented different credit card for each line item?? If so can you please provide the technical information as you mentioned above about copy controls, exits, functional module, routines, user exits (I guess just the names wud do immense help to start with, at least I will know where to look). Not many have done CC implementation so I am finding it hard to find help in this area. Is it OK if I contact you by email?? becos as you said trying to explain more gets difficult to write so much here--- thanks much kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think my previous response got messed up, please ignore that...

yes yo can reauthorize but need to ensure with a lot of code in the authorization function module not to reauthorize the entire order and only for the item which is not available and that to for the credit card required. Since this function module doesnt work at item level. Risk number one

My understanding was depending on the different material availability date and also we can specify special fields like check for different shipping point among order lines, multiple authorizations already take place and we can also provide a authorization validity range, only after the validity period if still the delivery not done then while reauthorization we have to take care of what you have mentioned above in user exit : AUTHORIZATION_VALUE_SPLIT. Right??

How and where did you control the subsequent function from happening like picking, PGI or invoice??

Yes. Might have to interact with customer again to get the new card. This is true even for a normal process also. But when you are handling with multiple cards then there would some issues like cusotmer telling use the first card when second fails. There some issues in the copy controls when you reference a prev document, failed authorization again enter a new one.. do it..You might tweak the routines to get this going. Not to say you cant handle but thats a modification again.

I did not understand why we use copy control, becos if first card has failed authorization then customer rep can choose the second card from the drop down in payment card and redo the authorization right, why and how do we reference to prev document?? Do u remember the routine to tweak??

The third party gives lot many codes for failure where as sap handles only 3. Yes it shows a status in the payment card plan. but the difficulty here is assuming there is no issue in SAP, and we would be using some technology like XI to communicate to third party it shows only information based on the order level. Sorry, am trying to explain more but its difficult write so much here. But to say the level of complexity goes up.

Is this something an SD functional guy details with? Or is it purely XI technical guy takes care of??

It seems you have implemented credit card before and have you also implemented different credit card for each line item?? If so can you please provide the technical information as you mentioned above about copy controls, exits, functional module, routines, user exits (I guess just the names wud do immense help to start with, at least I will know where to look). Not many have done CC implementation so I am finding it hard to find help in this area. Is it OK if I contact you by email??

Answers (0)