cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career shift from ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am an ABAPer withone and half years of experience.

I have worked on ALV Reports,BDC's,Enhancements,BADI's,Modulepool,Smartform.

1)Can somebody guide me if its appropriate to move to some Netweaver component as i will be starting form zero in that component.

2)If yes then which Netweaver component is appropriate and are there enough projects in the market(India) as it makes no sense in learning and then siting on the bench.

3)Or its appropriate to learn some functional module like SD or CRM.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

i agree with your statement that you learn something then you should nt be sitting on bench. But here the important thing to learn is aptitude and some experience when you think of functional modules particularly. I really feel you should be going into Netweaver components for two reasons,

1) you are already a seasoned technical guy so you can easily understand the the technology.

2) yes there are many oppurtunities for Netweaver components like EP, XI now PI etc. This is your cup of tea.

You can think of getting into SD or CRM if you had some selling experience. This is not say that you cant do without that since there are already people doing it this way but the level of excellence would be different. Though excellence may be debatable but its true. This is what i feel.

regards

sadhu kishore