cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM System copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on SRM 4.0 and planning for SRM "System Copy" procedure from production to our test system.

I am referring to (a) OSS notes 995771 (system landscape copy for SRM 4.0 and 5.0) and (b) "SAP system Landscape copy for SAP Netweaver and mySAP solutions" which describes the system copy of any SAP solution landscape

We are NOT planning to do system copy of R/3 backend system. The OSS notes recommends to do system copy of all connected system, but does not eliminate the option when R/3 system can not be part of system copy.

In this case how can be data inconsistency arising from GUID for Material group, business partner and business partner can be resolved.

Any inputs on this would be highly appreciated. Also any additional documents about this and likely issues that will be faced during system copy would be helpful.

Thanks

Venkatesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since I don't have much insight in BASIS area, I have consulted with one of my experts and this is his reply:

It is better to refresh both SRM and the backend at the same time.

If that is not possible it is ok to do Remote Client Copy with the SAP_CUST profile

The Other Option is to use Test data Migration Workbench

This will be useful if you want Production Data in QAS for Testing and Training this will bring a subset of the Production Data to QAS

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Imthiaz

Also If you were involved in client copy of SRM system, do you have list of steps and configuration that needs to be done after client copy..

Also we have standalone IPC and TREX here. So do you know what needs to be done to have these back to opertational ?

Any inputs would be appreciated.

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Someone has given complete steps,almost. Refer to this link

Regards, IA

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For SRM system copy basis profile SAP_CUST should be used which will copy only config settings of SRM and master data (org plan, matl grp, matl, services etc.) will not be copied from source to destination system.

But in target system you need to change logical system names afterwards as copy will give you old names only.You can try BDLS for this.

Afterwards you again need to connect the required backend sys with this new SRM sys

can again download org plan, customizing and business objects

to make it a working sys

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

Thanks for your response. The profile SAP_CUST is available for Client copy and from whatever input I got from BASIS, we dont have an option this option in System copy.

i.e. Only in client copy we have an option to choose whether we want to transfer customizing, Master&Transaction data and user master data etc.. System copy would copy everything from Production to Test system including configuration, user master data, master data and transaction data.

Please let me know if I have been mistaken.

Thanks

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one doc.

If you are not having the same ,can be helpful to you.

<removed by moderator>

BR

Dinesh