cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract issue pt2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I´m configuring the contracts module in order to restrict the "in advance" deliveries of the company. Our clients do not accept deliveries earlier than tha date in their purchase order. Having this scenario in mind I have two doubts:

1) My thought is, If I input a contract (quantity contract) with a given schedule line, and then input an order which is based on this contract, the user shouldn´t be allowed to deliver the goods earlier than the date in the schedule line in the contract (that should be copied forward to the order). Is the way that the system behavior, or am I wrong?

2) When I copy an order referred to the above mentioned contract, the material, or the conditions, or the schedule line is not copied as well, what am I missing in the configuration?

Regards,

Adriano Cardoso

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In quantity contracts you wont give any particualr schedule line that you will deliver so much goods or so much value of material to that customer.

if you wan to give schedule lines and advance delivery dates then you can go for scheduling agreements . but this agreement doesnt match with your clients requirement

so when you create a quantity contract , you will be agreeing with the customer that you will deliver so much qunatity of material to that customers destiantion.within that period but you wont be assuring any delivery dates. so there wont be point of past delivery dates .in quantity contracts as you said.that is the reason schedule lines are not getting copied into sales order

but you will be creating the sales order with reference to contract number because there can be many contracts in an organization so to know what quantity that customer has ordered and what quantity is left over , may be already once or twice delivery might have happened so , to know we refer contract while creating sales order

when you create VA01.create with reference there you give the contract number and then click on item selection and select how much quantity it should get copied into sales order , i think your problem will be solved.

Reward if useful

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G

In T Code VOV8 - (IMG for Sales order config) - for Order type OR (please do so for applicable Order type)

In the contract allowed field choose X or Y - and then

the following is pasted from SAP help for your guidance from ver 4.OB - please check for relevancy in your ver of R3.

You can define your own checks to be performed by the system during the copying process. The user exit SAPLV45W_001 is provided for this purpose. For further information on this user exit, see the documentation for the IMG activity 'User Exits in Contract Processing'

you may have to do some heavy duty testing and apply the user exit if required to get the correct requirement - I haqve done this long ago and I do not have the code available to provide for you.

cheers

Nandu