cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REFRESH button in browser looses current VIEW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have come from a strong BSP background and what I am asking should be a simple manipulation of the request / response object, but unfortunatly it seems to be handled differently in Webdynpro.

What I am aiming for is that is a user is say on "page 5 view" and they click on the REFRESH button in the browser then they should not be re-routed back to the start on the application but should rather stay on the currently viewed VIEW.

So I was thinking of adding something like "?target_view=one" to the URL and as a parameter to the HANDLEDEFAULT method but I cannot seem to DYNAMICALLY change what is in the URL at runtime.

So what I thought of doing was to add a TARGET_VIEW attribute to the overall context and try work with that when the HANDLEDEFAULT event fires....BUT if you click on the REFRESH button the context seems to be CLEARED.

What is the standard way of controlling such a problem in Webdynpro? Meaning that when the user hits the REFRESH button in the browser that the application stays as it is on the CURRENT view and does not send the user back to the START screen.

Just for interest this is the code I have in the HANDLEDEFAULT method of my window......

METHOD handledefault .

DATA: lx_current_controller TYPE REF TO if_wd_controller,
        lx_node               TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_node,
        lv_target_view        TYPE string.

lx_current_controller = wd_this->wd_get_api( ).
  lx_node = wd_context->get_child_node( name = 'CURRENT_USER' ).

IF NOT lx_node IS INITIAL.
    lx_node->get_attribute(
         EXPORTING
           name = 'TARGET_VIEW'
         IMPORTING
           value = lv_target_view ).
  ENDIF.

CASE lv_target_view.
    WHEN 'login'.
      wd_this->fire_op_login_plg( ).
    WHEN 'register'.
      wd_this->fire_op_register_plg( ).
    WHEN 'message'.
      wd_this->fire_op_register_submit_plg( ).
    WHEN 'list'.
      wd_this->fire_op_contract_list_plg( ).
    WHEN 'detail'.
      wd_this->fire_op_contract_detail_plg( ).
    WHEN OTHERS.
      wd_this->fire_op_login_plg( ).
  ENDCASE.

ENDMETHOD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in this regard, thanks

Regards

Lynton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynton,

Were you able to find the solution to your problem?

I've been trying to get to this for quite sometime now and even posted in the forum. But no one seems to respond.

Could you please share your experience or solution for this issue of yours (or should I say 'ours')

Looking forward for your reponse.

Thanks,

Sanjiv Tyagi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynton,

Were you able to find the solution to your problem?

I've been trying to get to this for quite sometime now and even posted in the forum. But no one seems to respond.

Could you please share your experience or solution for this issue of yours (or should I say 'ours')

Looking forward for your reponse.

Thanks,

Sanjiv Tyagi