cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display of data based on priority

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement of displaying data based on the priority of numbers.

Example: There are 3 Part Numbers- 342, 310, 317.

I want to store this data in Lookup table(Multi).

Is it possible to display the data based on the number like 310, 317 & then 342.

Is there any other option to do this?

Regards,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it priority or is it sorting of records?

If this is sorting then you can do it in data manager, in your lookup flat just click on field name (column name) data manager automatically sort the record or right click on column name>sort>ascending/descending.

If this is priority case then please elaborate more.

Howevere, In multivalued field when you will take say 310 and 317 in main table record and do search on it in both the cases 310 and 317, DM will display same field means this record will be common in 310 and 317.

if your question is concerned to different tings, please explain.

BR,

Alok

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod

I am sure ur question is not about sorting in data manager.

I have a requirement of displaying data based on the priority of numbers.

one option is via defining attributes(type numeric)which can be assigned priority numbers.Based upon the score assigned it will be displayed in Data manager in that order. But not sure if it serves ur purpose.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using a Multi value lookup table. If I had used the Hierarchy field then the priority assigning for attributes would have been worked.

Regards,

Pramo

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

If I got your question right, you are looking for priority and not sorting, then I am sorry , to the best of my knowledge, we cannot do so in data manager; but you can use either Java API's or ABAP API's and get the results you want by developing required screen(portal) either using Servelts,AWT's, JSP or web dyan pros.

Cherrs,

Cherry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Just set the Sort Type property of the Lookup Table to Numeric.Then though you have entered data in the Lookup table in any order, you will get records sorted while entering the main table records.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja