cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

React on changes of the BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i've implemented an RFC call to get access to a BAPI in the sap system. I get 3 tables from that function. Now, what happens when the table is changed in sap system (new colums, deleted colums). Can i react in webDynpro to this or do i have to re-implement a new model every time the bapi's export tables are changed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristopther,

You need to re-import the model only if the signature of the import or export parameter changes; If the database table is not related to the import-export parameters, you don't have to re-import the model at all.

You can use the Adaptive RFC model to connect RFC to Java WebDynpro front-end application. That gives a friendly and reliable way that adapts to the changes in the signature.

Regards

- Vinod

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

when ever you change some thing BAPI, you need to reimport it. And goto visual admin remove this webdynpro application, otherwise you will get array out of boundary exception. Server restrat also works but last option.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI praveen,

Thats fine for WebDynpro.

what to do if it is Dynpage application ?

If any attribute is changed in the rfc which is consumed in Dynpage application, What to do, to make it reflect in Dynpage?

Regards,

Naresh