cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of vendor to purchasing organization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on SRM 5.0, classic scenario. In our test system, I replicated vendors some time ago. Now the backend has changed and I replicated some new vendors.

Now, during shopping cart creation when when I try to assign source of supply, only few vendors are displayed. Can you tell me how can I check/assign vendors to proper purchasing organization?

I will reward with points usefull answers.

kind regards,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SRM would not pick up Porg assignment to Vendors which happend in R/3 automatically after the replication of Vendors to SRM. You ned to adapt the changes by using the transaction BBPUPDVD.

Regards

Krish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the vendors which you replicated from your old backend will not be valid now for SRM.

because source of supply real time check is done in the backend in classic scenario

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Sorry but I do not quite understand. Can you please elaborate a bit more?

kind regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

e.g.

your earlier backend had a vendor code 10000

this vendor you replicated to SRM

when the replication took place SRM created a external BP for this vendor say 1000

then you changed the backend

in your new backend the new vendor code is 10001

this also you replicated to SRM

SRM created an external BO 1001 for the same

Now in your SRM both the BPs i.e. 1000 & 1001 will be available.

But you can not create follow-on with BP 1000 since the related vendor 10000 is not

available in current backend

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

That's not the case. We have exactly the same vendor numbers. When I try to replicate the vendor which I already replicated before backend change, I get a message:

All backend descriptions are already assigned in

the system

And it doesn't let me do it. When I choose it in GOA(for example), system says that it doesn't belong to my purchasing org.

kind regards,

Robert