Did you mean: 

After duplicating Repository the Import Maps don't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following MDM Landscape:

MDM Developement System and

MDM Productive System (to be).

The Productive System has an identical structure and the same name to the Developement system, as ist was created via "Export XML Schema" - "Create Repository from Schema".

I have also imported some of the Import Maps I created in the Developement System. The thing is, they don't work.

For one map concerning the Taxonomy table I get the Error Message " Table " not in Repository" (table name is missing in the error message).

The Import Maps concerning the main table simply don't work - the field mapping is missing.

Could you please help?

Points will be generously rewarded.

Thanks!

BR,

Mircea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mircea,

It seems you wanna move your development system repository to Productive system.

You can archieve the repository and unarchieve in prod system without data, since its first movement.

Hope you are using this pdf.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20751e78-f81f-2a10-228f-eb3a1642...

Hope this helps,

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi An,

thank you for your answer. I've already read the Guide you sent me, but this doesn't solve the problem.

The imported Import Maps don't work.

Thanks,

BR,

Mircea

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mircea,

Import and Syndication maps currently use internal field IDs to store the mapping. It is likely possible that those IDs change if you do a "Export to Schema" & Import from Schema" to replicate your repository. If so, the internal field IDs stored in the maps do not longer match those of the actual fields. As a result you'll get the error as described above. To solve this issue, you should replicate you repository using the archive/unarchive functionality. Note: if you click on the options button when archiving a repository, you can choose to archive the structure only.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

thank you for your answers!

I have solved the problem yesterday. You were all right.

Importing/Exporting the XML Schema alone isn't enough.

What I did was to unarchive the original SAP archive and after doing that to import the XML Schema (since I have modified the original structure). The mapping works now.

Best Regards,

Mircea

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mercia,

It happens sometimes, that if we try to Export and import the Maps from 1 system to another, the import maps do not Work.

Usually, the Value mapping gets lost for some of the fields and sometimes even the Field mapping for some of the fields.

But for me, it has not happened that the entire field mapping is lost.

1. Please check your rep, and if some errors are there, Verify them.

2. Please check that the no changes are done after Importing of the Schema in the Prod.

3. Then, you can also try archiving the rep and Unarchieving the rep in Prod.

Keep the Source file, that you are using to open the Import Manager, same in both the system. Both the systems should be in sync.

And if, then also it doesnot work, I am afraid you will have to create the maps again.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mircea,

Instead of Exporting and Importing repository schema try using Archieve and UnArchieve method.

Also there is a distinction between Import maps and Syndication maps.When you save the Syndication map and open it next time it will not ask the source file instead it takes the structure of source file itself.And in case of Import maps it needs the source file of particular structure.

Just for better understanding import one Excel or Text file into your present MDM system and use the same source file and saved import map on your another system.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja