cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS_OnAlert_Email configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis gurus,

I am trying to configure the CCMS_OnAlert_Email method for alert notification in RZ20. I am referring to note 176492.

I had a few questions...

1.) Is it necessary to configure the entire process from start to finish in the client 000 , or only the SCOT should be configured in 000 and rest could be in any client.

2.)Also in the parameter configuration what value would be suitable for the RECIPIENT and RECIPIENT TYPE ID

For example: I am configuring the CCMS in client 200 of DEV,

and i want to send email to some id in client 300 of DEV.

so , RECIPIENT = DEV:300:<id of that person>

and RECIPIENT TYPE- ID : R

Is this correct.

3.)Also the note says: ....." 3. For the SENDER user entered in RZ21, (<ADMINUSER> in the examples above), in transaction SU01 you must enter a <sourcesystem(C11):000:<ADMINUSER> RML address under 'Other communication...'.

If you want to send mails to an Internet address, you must enter an Internet address in SU01."

I am not sure how to configure this, I am using DDIC in 000.

4.) Can anyone give me a link to the CCMS configuration guide , and also the SAPConnect documentation.

Thanks....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.) Is it necessary to configure the entire process from start to finish in the client 000 , or only the SCOT should be configured in 000 and rest could be in any client.

Only SCOT configuration in 000 Client and rest all in your particular where you want to work.

2.)Also in the parameter configuration what value would be suitable for the RECIPIENT and RECIPIENT TYPE ID

For example: I am configuring the CCMS in client 200 of DEV,

and i want to send email to some id in client 300 of DEV.

so , RECIPIENT = DEV:300:<id of that person>

and RECIPIENT TYPE- ID : R

Is this correct.

This is correct.You can also give the email address of the receipent directly provided in SU01 user master records is maintained properly of the receipent.

RECIPIENT = <email address >

and RECIPIENT TYPE- ID : U

3. For the SENDER user entered in RZ21, (<ADMINUSER> in the examples above), in transaction SU01 you must enter a <sourcesystem(C11):000:<ADMINUSER> RML address under 'Other communication...'.

If you want to send mails to an Internet address, you must enter an Internet address in SU01."

Generally other communication will be remote mail. Please check this.

In SM59 RFC destination between source and target system should also be maintained properly.

regards

Naveen kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

In my systems , the mails are going but they r delayed.

now this depends on the time zone set in STZAC, but I cant change that , in either clients,,

so, is there any other configuration that can be done ??

I have tried with providing TIME_ZONE , and setting the user time zone accordingly,, but this is not working,,

I have found one answer to this ,, to upgrade the BASIS support package level, to SAPKB70012 , at least..

But ,, this will take time ,, on the production servers,, so ,, IF possible is there any alternative to this problem..

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustubh,

All Auto reactions method will execute in 000 only.Check the system time in 000. Maintian the appropriate time zone for the sender in the client.

Both system time and user time zone should be proper in 000 client.

-Naveen kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good day.

Would just like to ask how can I make the alert be send automatic to an email address.. it seem this doesnt working in my configuration although when I tried to manually start the auto-reaction manually in rz20 I can receive the alert. Is there any thing that I still need to set-up to send it automatically?

Thanks and hope to hear response from you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

1. SCOT should be configured in 000 with the user DDIC.

Plz let me know your kernel verion as the configuraion changes for a very lower version.

2. Plz let me know your strategy of sending mails? Is it to a distribution list or to a single user id in public domain? Accordingly I can let you know the Parameter value.

Also chk this note num: 939616

3. If you are sending to a single public domain ( For ex: if you are from CTS or TCS you can provide it in SCOT->Settings-> Default Domain->(as cts.com or tcs.com)

If you do this, you need not maintain the mail id in SU01.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Sunita.

Former Member

Hi Sunita,

In my systems , the mails are going but they r delayed.

now this depends on the time zone set in STZAC, but I cant change that , in either clients,,

so, is there any other configuration that can be done ??

I have tried with providing TIME_ZONE , and setting the user time zone accordingly,, but this is not working,,

I have found one answer to this ,, to upgrade the BASIS support package level, to SAPKB70012 , at least..

But ,, this will take time ,, on the production servers,, so ,, IF possible is there any alternative to this problem..

Regards,

Kaustubh.