cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program SDV03V02 / V_V2???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone give me more insight about this program SDV03V02 or V-V2. We run this program every night at our company to reschedule the sales orders which is pushing back some of the orders that are to be delivered in the next few dys too. This is causing some problems. Any input is greately apprciated.

Thanks,

Swapna

Anyone??? This is kind of urgent. Thanks!

Edited by: Swapna Konidena on Apr 7, 2008 3:33 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swapna

When you reschedule (transaction V_V2), orders that contain items determined in product selection are reevaluated. If the substitution settings have changed, or there is more product available, the system may determine other substitutes. This may result in products being promised to the customer other than those agreed to at the time of order entry. To avoid this, you can set the fixed date and qty indicator in the order (choose Goto --> Item --> Schedule lines). The system will not take the order account when rescheduling.

Items determined in product selection are only considered in a rescheduling run when you have set the input parameters to include all materials. If you specify only certain materials, main and sub-items from product selection are excluded.

The fixed date and quantity indicator does not influence product selection in the delivery.

If a product selection item has been partially delivered, the system does not take it into account in rescheduling runs.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

G. Lakshmipathi -- Appreciate your quick response.

So to be clear, we can run this program based on materials and check box for "Fixed date and qty".

Thanks,

Swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

From more researching about this program, I found that the priorities for delivery confimation can be set according to customer, document and date of delivery. Can anyone tell me how to set the priority in custoizing for documents?

Thanks,

Swapna

Anyone???

Edited by: Swapna Konidena on Apr 9, 2008 3:37 PM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swapna

You have the options to set the Delivery Priority in the following areas:-

1) In Customer Master Sales Area Data, under Shipping tab, you have the option of setting Delivery Priority.

2) In Customer Material Info record (VD51), after entering the material code, just click on the blue lens so that you can set the delivery priority for the combination of customer and material

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Can I also set the priority on different types of sales documents? Say ZR takes pririty over OR or an order referenced to contract takes priority over regular order?

Your input is appreciated.

Swpna

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swapna

Right now I am not in front of SAP and hence, not sure whether there is a facility to set Delivery Priority in VOV8. To my knowledge, you can prioritise for Shipping Conditions in document type but not Delivery priority. Correct me if I am wrong.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought the priority can be set to shipping conditions too but there is a field in V_V2 transaction where it says "Document Category" --> Prioritize sales documents.

If you could give me your input when you have access to SAP, it sure would be of great help. I am trying to do this because, we are trying to give priority to an order off of contract instead of direct order.

Thanks,

Swapna

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swapna

From your comments, I guess you are referring, in V_V2, to "Document category" below which, there will be two fields,

a) one is to prioritise sales documents and

b) another one is to prioritise stock transfer documents.

You can select ONLY either of one. Based on your selection, the scheduling will work. Is this what you are asking ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that is what I am referring to. Which type of sales document gets more priority and is there a way I can set this?

Thanks a lot,

Swapna

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swapna

As mentioned earlier, you can prioritise either sales documents which is nothing but your standard OR or STO types. In sales document types, if you have couple of types, you cannot prioritise one among that. Hope to have clarified.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disappointing answer, but thanks a lot for following up on this issue and clarifying my questions.

So, to consolidte, we can only prioritize in V_V2 depending on

1. Customer priority set in shipping tab under delivery priority;

2. Customer - Material info record;

3. Date of order creation;

4. Delivery date on the schedule lin level;

5. Document Number and

6. Document Date.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Swapna

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi swapna

Just to add upon what our friend Laxmipathi said ,

Generally it gives more priority to standard sales document type which is OR even though there are other sales document types it gives more priority to OR then other STO document types like NLCC. etc.

Just to add up

In V_V2 ,

as you have listed out all the things are right

But system takes the delivery priority first from Customer - Material info record if Customer - Material info record is not maintained then it checks the CMR delivery prirority .

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Srinath!

Swapna

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swapna

Can you please clarify on your comments "disappointing answer" whether you are referring to my explanation whatever given above, or you dont have the option to choose the document type which is a standard functionality. Meanwhile, with regard to your listing, yes you are correct.

Incidentally, do you know what time you got my last three replies - 10.00 - 10.30 pm Nevertheless, I also feel happy assuming that I have given a solution to your question. If so, reward suitably please )

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was disappointed that I cannot choose priority depending on type of document, not with your rsponses. Sorry if I made you feel that way. I did want to reward full points but did not want to close the thread. Just wanted to leave it open if anyone has any input.

Thanks again,

Swapna

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi swapna

You cant choose priority wise the document type in V_V2. that option SAP has not provided unlike as we select delivery priority in V_V2 .But system gives first priority to standard sales document OR then and follwed by other document types and then follwed by STO document types

I hope now you are clear

Reward If useful

Regards

Srinath

Edited by: sri nath on Apr 9, 2008 7:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Swapna

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ralf_wahlen3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thats the second time, that i fixed the program. First time in NW 7.0 with performane snotes and a lot more. Now, in NW 7.40 ECC 6.0 EHP 7, i imported 22 Snotes the last weeks into the system for error, deletion, performance leaks del. and more error deletion. And there some left over. Nothing to say, i read today https://answers.sap.com/questions/12523112/index.html for hana.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have reviewed the code (logic) in INCLUDE: SDV03_SALES01 and find the nested SELECTs as poor performance when SAP's best practice in class BC490 is not to use.

SAP has noted several OSS Notes around this problem but companies with large volume of data in table VAPMA takes several hours to process.

The limited Selection Screen options for the SQL's could be expanded.  I am surprised SAP will not fix the program instead of customers having to copy and revise??

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure why SAP used nested selects here (I havent looked atthe code). But I do know that in newer releases, V_V2 has been optimised for use by HANA to improve performance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

The following functions exist for rescheduling:

Performing rescheduling

Evaluating rescheduling

Performing Rescheduling

When rescheduling is performed, the open sales document items in the item index for the material are processed. The items found by this process are sorted according to the criteria delivery priority, date, document number, and item number and forwarded to the availability check. The results are then saved.

Note the following constraint with regard to rescheduling and the combination of availability check against ATP logic and the check against product allocations. If you use the availability check against ATP logic and the check against product allocations, dates and quantities can only be redistributed in a restricted way. In SAP R/3 there is no information on which product allocation quantities in which periods are assigned to the sales order. The product allocation assignment is therefore missing. For that reason, when several sales orders are rescheduled, only the product allocation quantity of the sales order being checked each time can be released. If the product allocation quantities of all other periods are already reserved, the sales order to be checked cannot be confirmed at any other time.

source : library

regards

sadhu kishore