Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qm certificate

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

I have one issue in qm certificate.

in my inspection plan i have used one MIC more than once with different limits. if i want to print certificate with inspection results system giving error message and that MIC is not printing in certificate.

to show all what settings i have to do .

plz give solution for the same.

thx&regds

prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the error message? I suspect that the cert is confused and doesn't know which MIC to print the values for.

But having the error message would help.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi craig,

thank you for immediate responce.

message follows:

-

Characteristic Plant PFBH Master inspection characteristic VI1 is used more than once

Message no. QC065

Diagnosis

Characteristic Plant PFBH Master inspection characteristic VI1, referenced as number 0040 in certificate profile PFPL_CERT Certificate type E31A Version 000001, is used more than once.

System Response

The characteristic cannot be uniquely assigned. As a result, processing for this characteristic cannot be continued.

Procedure

Do not print this characteristic on the certificate or make sure the characteristic is used explicitly.

-

plz tell the settings .

regards

prasad

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are no settings to be made to resolve the problem. If the characteristic appears more then once in the inspection lot, the system cannot decide which instance of the characteristic to use. (If I was SAP I would default this to be the last one).

Your only solution within standard SAP is to create a new MIC for one of the instances.

A longer term solution would be to create your own function modules for selectiing the specs and then adding these in config.

You'll need to this for at least two items, Origin of characteristic results and origin of characteristic specifications. If you use other functionality then you may need to create others as well.

You can start by copying the FM's QC02_INSPECTION_CHAR_MVALUE and QC02_INSPECTION_CHAR_SPECS and as templates. You would then need to adapt these to select the last instance of the characteristic in the inspection lot. (If that is what you want it to use).

You then add it in as a choice in config.

QM>Quality Certificates>Certificate profile-->Define Data Origin.

Then in the next window select either Origin of characteristic results or Origin of characteristic specifications. Add a new entry for your new FM.

If you use production chain results or specs, or multiple specs (6.0), you'll need to create new FM's for these as well.

Hope this helps!

Craig