cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ShowLoadingMessage for BIIP - Web Applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Portal-Gurus,

We have a federated portal environment and we are using BIIP-Applikations to present Information in the Portal. These applications are linked as Delta Links in our portal.

One of our application is a bit of a snail. So we want to provide some sort of information to our users that the application is already loading (e.g. the standard loading image (we call it the "rising" sun - probably you know what I mean)). At the moment the page just stays blank for a couple of seconds.

In the PCD in the remote-delta-link-iView I have discovered a property which is called "ShowLoadingMessage" - it already is set true but no loading message is displayed.

Any ideas how I can get that working??

Thanks, regards

Alex

Edited by: Alexander Paulus on Apr 7, 2008 3:33 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I may have the answer for you.

This is a problem that happens when the iView is nested in a page. In this case, the JSP that renders the animation is skipped.

You should see the "rising sun" if the iView is not nested in a page.

This also explains why the preview works.

Best regards,

Oren

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi oren -

sounded like a conclusive idea... I tried that - but even if the iview isn't nested in the page (i put it into the workset) there is no sunrise...

any other ideas?

thanks upfront

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I talked to the relevant development team. This may be the time to open a message.

Sorry I can't help more,

Oren

Former Member
0 Kudos

took I while but SAP has solved my issue:

If you are experiencing the same problem. go to the PCD Inspector, chose the iview and change the property com.sap.portal.reserved.iview.Redirect to false.

that will solve the issue

regards, Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All remote content is automatically isolated.

I would try to isolate the problem. See if it's related to the fact that this is a remote iView. If you access this iView directly on the producer - the server where this is a local iView, do you see the "rising sun" (I liked that) there?

If you do, this means it's related to the fact that it's a remote iView and then I would try to synchronize the remote delta link content from the "Federated Portal" cache management area. Under "Content consumed by Remote Delta Links" you'll see a "Synchronize" button.

Regards,

Oren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oren,

On the producer portal I can see the "rising sun" (I think I'll get a copyright on that g). Also the preview in the consumer portal shows it. But in the portal itself it doesn't come up.

I tried the sync and it didn't help. Meybe I should mention that we reboot our portal every night - so it should be synchronized at least once a day.

thanks anyway,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I don't have the answer yet, but regarding the synch, you should only synch when you have modified the content on the producer and want it reflected in design time on the consumer's remote delta links, so I would skip that.

Oren

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Try setting the Isolation mode of this IView to URL, some times this helps.

Regards,

Praveen Gudapati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the hin - but the iview already is running in isolation mode "url" - i have changed the pages isolation mode too, but it didn't change anything.

thanks anyway

Alex