Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RZ20 Monitoring of MaxDB

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

On some of my newer system eg Solution Manager with SPS 15 I have the ability to monitor MaxDB in RZ20 for various things but in our "not yet updated" systems running ERP 6.0 SPS 10 I only get an option under Database for "SAP DB" which is inactive. It seems that these slightly older systems have a problem with the method definition used in data collection for MaxDB. I have tried to assign the methods the same as they are assigned to my updated Solution Manager system but it doesn't allow me to assign a method for data collection(only analyze) for some reason.

What requirements are there to get MaxDB monitoring correctly in RZ20 ?

Many thanks.

Nelis

ps. Monitoring is turned on in DB59 and connection made!

More Info: Running MaxDB(64bit) 7.6.03.014 in systems not working(Soon to be upgraded to 7.6.04.008)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like you are not running background monitoring - have a look at point III of note 545030

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nelis,

-> "What requirements are there to get MaxDB monitoring correctly in RZ20 ?"

Please provide additional information from but our "not yet updated" systems running ERP 6.0 SPS 10::

What is the SAP Basis SP on those systems?

What is the MAXDB version on those systems?

• SAP Note 545030 contains the prerequisites that need to be met so that you can use the MaxDB or liveCache monitor.

Please review the SAP notes to find the solution on the reported issue::

1050153 DB Analyzer and alert monitor startup after system launch

990602 FAQ: CCMS for MaxDB/SAP liveCache technology

1128989 "command timeout exceeded" with DBMRFC session mode

-> As SAP customer you have the option to create the OSS ticket, therefore we could

logon to your system via OSS and take a look closer on the reported issue.

Component ::

BC-DB-SDB-CCM: For problems with the MaxDB transactions

DB12,DB13,DB50 ,DB59 RZ20,RZ21,ST04

-> "More Info: Running MaxDB(64bit) 7.6.03.014 in systems not working(Soon to be upgraded to 7.6.04.008)"

Why running MaxDB(64bit) 7.6.03.014 in systems not working? What is not working?

What the problems/database errors did you get to run the database version 7.6.03.014 in your systems?

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for your reply.

What is the SAP Basis SP on those systems?

SP12

What is the MAXDB version on those systems?

See below.

-> "More Info: Running MaxDB(64bit) 7.6.03.014 in systems not working(Soon to be upgraded to 7.6.04.008)"

Why running MaxDB(64bit) 7.6.03.014 in systems not working? What is not working?

What the problems/database errors did you get to run the database version 7.6.03.014 in your systems?

Sorry that info was a bit misleading. I was referring to the version of MaxDB that was not working as far as the monitoring with RZ20 is concerned, everything else is working fine.

I'll report back once I have had a chance to review the notes you have referred me too.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Nelis

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My problem was related to the background job SAP_CCMS_MONI_BATCH_DP not running as Graham indicated. Thanks also to Natalia for the useful information.

Regards,

Nelis