Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain Maintenance Plan not getting scheduled in the background job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am facing an issue here.

A weekly background job (RISTRA20) runs every weekend and schedules the maintenance plans.

But we have noticed that some maintenance plans are not getting scheduled. i.e no orders or schedule is getting generated.

When I run IP30 manually for these plans then the schedule gets generated and orders get called.

I have checked up the background job and it is running fine.

Also, i have noticed a similarity in all these plans which are not getting scheduled. There schedule has been restarted (through IP10) at somepoint or the other.

But i don't see any direct impact of this?

Can any of you provide some help on this?? Points will be rewarded.

Thanks and regards,

Nitin Saini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error was coming up because one of the task-lists being used was procuring an external services, but the purchasing group was wrongly mentioned. We changed the purchasing group and everything worked fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I went through the IP30 log, I am getting the error message

'Groups don't match'

Can you let me know what this error means??

former_member654170
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Can you mention the message number for 'Group Dont match'

narendra

former_member654170
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi nitin,

You said that the maintenance plans which got problem in rescheduling are restarted previously.

I think you should change the start date of the Maintenance Plan and put this start date later than the calls already generated.

Try this.

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narender,

Thanks for replying.

The message number for 'Groups don't match' is ME303.

I think this does not have anything to do with the restart as i have done further investigation.

Whenever I run IP30 with sortfield input as AS02*, i get the error as mentioned above for a certain number of maintenance plans while the remaining plans get scheduled.

If i run IP30 for any other sort fields, it runs fine and i don't encounter the error

mentioned above.

If you send me ur email address, i could forward you screen-shots of the issue.

former_member654170
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Post with email Id is not allowed only thing I can do is my Id is narendradere and service provider is bcone.com

I guess you got it.

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

Can you send me screenshots at my id manish.chachra lntinfotech.com

Thanks,

Manish

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

it is hard to tell with your inputs,kindly check any log messages were created during IP30 and try to post the messages ,so it will be easier to analyze

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

IP30 is running successfully.

If I schedule the plan through IP30 everything goes fine, the issue is that these certain plans don't get scheduled through the background job.

It is hard to understand why all other plans are getting scheduled and only these plans don't get scheduled.

All the data is correct i.e scheduling period, call horizon, sort fields.

The re-scheduling indicator is also checked in IP30

The only difference is that these plans have been re-started at some-point or the other.

Have you face any such situation???