Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocation number and Reference number in Copy control Header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to know,

1.The relevance of the fields 'Allocation number' and 'Reference number' in the Copy control header (from Delivery to Invoice).I did read the SAP documentation on this but I am still unclear about its use

2.How are these fields relevant for combining multiple deliveries into a single invoice?

3.Have you faced a scenario where these fields were used? If yes can you please explain the scenario as well?

Regards,

SomS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Som,

As per my Under standing

1.'Allocation number' means in the finance which document no you want to keep as reference for that Invoice.

Normally Invice is reference document for the accounting document but you want additional rference than Invoice you select through this field.

Example:-If you dont want any reference document in the FI for the invoice you keep it Blank.

If you want customer purchase order need be kept as reference document in the FI for that invoice you enter 'A'

2.'Reference number' :- This field also work for the same funtion and also it will used for when working with invoice lists.

I hope it will clear for you

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks for your answer.

Can you also explain how these two fields are relevant when we need to combine multiple deliveries into a single invoice?

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member409603
Discoverer
0 Kudos

how we can add some suffix in that number???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Allocation no.You can find the allocation number under additional information in the (document) line item that is forwarded from

SD to FI. If the field was not filled in the order, you can determine

the content of the field in this step:

1. A:Customer purchase order

2. B:Sales order number

3. C:Delivery number

4. D:External delivery number

5. E:Actual invoice number

If you do not make an entry and the field is not filled in the order, the field remains empty.

If you would like to link the delivery to invoices in accounting (which is necessary in the self-billing procedure), enter 'C' for the relevant invoices.

Reference no:The reference number is a piece of additional information forwarded from SD and FI.

If a field is not filled in the order, you can determine field contents here:

1. A:Customer purchase order

2. B:Sales order number

3. C:Delivery number

4. D:External delivery number

5. E:Current invoice number

If you do not make an entry and the field is not filled in the order, the billing number is adopted automatically.

Example

If want to link the delivery to invoices in accounting (which is necessary in the self-billing procedure), enter 'C' for the relevant invoices.

regards,

Siddharth.