cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tolerance value in resheduling horizon

Former Member
0 Kudos

please explain how i can get advantage of Tolerance value forward and tolerance value for displacement?

I tried but i am not able to get.with the help of resheduling horizon i know to tackle the firmed elements(planned order)but how to use tolerance value.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tolerance value forward 2 days.

Assume having firmed mrp element ie, purchase order or Production order or QM lot with qty of 10 no’s on 29.03.2008.

Sales order qty 10 no’s date on 25.03.2008. Rescheduling horizon say 100 days.

When mrp run system proposes reschedule the firmed purchase order or Prod order to 25.03.08. Because reqirement on 25.03.2008

Tolerence value 2 days, so upto 27.03.2008 system will not propose to reschedule. But firmed mrp element beyond the tolerance days.

So system proposes reschedule the mrp element.

If you maintain Tolerance value forward 5 days system will not create any reschedule proposal. That you can check in MD04 screen.

This concept is same for tolerance value displacement ie, backward.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

please tell me in "plant sheduling "details i maintained sheduling horizon of 30 .

I had given independent requirement on 05.04.08 .

Firmed planned order is created on 12.04.08.

now tell me what i will get by using "Tolerance value forward" or "Tolerance value for displacement"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without giving any tolerence value, system will propose to reschedule the planned order.

If you give Tolerence value forward 5 days, again system will propose to reschedule the planned order.Because planned order date is beyond tolerence date.

If you give Tolerence value forward 9 days, system will not propose to reschedule the planned order.Because planned order date is included within the tolerence date.

Tolerance value for displacement is not suitable for this situation because planned order is after the requirement date. If planned order was before the requirement Displacement will function.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

please see

We had given sheduling horizon of 30 in "plant sheduling"then why it is necessary to give "tolerance value forward "as though i take MRP run then it is not considering firmed planned order .what we are achieving by using "tolerance value forward".

please clarify i am contineously trying on development server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rescheduling horizon 30 days given. So upto 30 days system consider firmed mrp element for net requrement calculation. And system propose to reschedule the mrp element which are within 30 days.

If one firmed planned order available after 30 days, system will not consider this for net requirement calculation.

Tolerence: Suppose today one sale order is created. But after two days one firmed mrp element is available.

So system should propose to reschedule. But these two days you can manage. You dont want to bring it front. Then forward tolerence will use. If you put 2 days tolerence, system will not propose to reschedule.

Please close the thread if you are clear.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Scheduling Horizon in OPU5 is different from Rescheduling horizon..

Scheduling horizon (detailed planning)

--- If a planned order has its basic start date within this period in the future, lead time scheduling is carried out using the selected routing.

---If a planned order has its basic start date further in the future than this scheduling horizon, the basic dates are calculated from the in-house production times in the material master and are transfered to the production times.

Rescheduling Horizon

The period in which the system checks in the net requirements calculation whether firmed or fixed receipt elements (purchase orders, production orders, firmed planned orders, and so on) should be rescheduled in.

In this case, no new order proposal is created - instead the system includes this fixed receipt in the net requirements calculation with the rescheduled date.

Exception messages are also created for these firmed receipt elements as well as the rescheduling proposal:

Bring operation forward if the receipt element lies after the requirement date (that is reschedule in).

The rescheduling horizon only applies to bringing fixed receipt elements forward. If there is a requirement before the receipt element that can be covered by the receipt element, the exception message Bring operation forward is issued. T

Postpone operation, if the receipt element lies before the requirement date (that is, reschedule out).

The rescheduling horizon does not apply in this case. The system creates the rescheduling proposals to bring the elements forward according to the requirements date.

Tolerance value for bringing forward receipt elements

Number of workdays used by the system to create a rescheduling proposal in the planning run to bring forward a firm receipt element that lies after the requirements date.

The system compares this value (tolerance value) with the number of days which results from calculating the difference between the requirements date and the delivery/order finish date.

If the difference is greater than the comparison value, the system provides the receipt elements in question with an exception message and a rescheduling proposal that is based on the requirements date.

Regards,

Sheik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With the tolerance value (forward or backward) , you are specifying the limit uptowhich no rescheduling proposals are created.

Only if the Tolerance value is exceeded , system the system provides the receipt elements in question with an exception message and a rescheduling proposal that is based on the requirements date.

Whether that particular firmed receipt element is to be taken into account or not is controlled by Rescheduling Horizon.

So after taking the firmed receipt element into account , whether that is to be rescheduled or not is controlled by tolerance value.

Hope its clear.

Regards,

Sheik