cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bouncy Castle libraries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm finally getting down to completing a generic user module to perform PGP encrytion using the Bouncy Castle PGP encryption routines; and since I know some of you have done this; I would appreciate any advice you can give.

Basically; for debugging purposes; I used a Web Dynpro on a Portal server to test the routines work okay.

However, when it comes down to testing the module; I have the issue that I get the error "exception constructing public key".

Both use a library project for the PGP libraries; have the associated O/S versions of the unlimited strength policy files and have references to the right libraries; however; the portal is on Intel; while the XI system is on AIX (if that's a difference).

I've traced the problem down to the point where it does the call against the successfully loaded key varPGPPublicKey.getKey("BC) where it fails trying to cast the "ELGAMAL_ENCRYPT" key (I believe).

Anyway, I'm not holding my breath; but anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Although I'm not recommending this yet (still need to investigate more); it seems if I insert the BC provider earlier in the list (but after the Controlled Provider and the IAIK) then this resolves the issue (must be an incompatible version in one of the IBM security libraries).

Regards,

Matt