Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding item texts in billing documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have one doubt in billing documents transactin VF03,

I have multiple items for one document, each and every item has texts like Material text, invoice texts, additional postion like this texts are maintained for items.

when i try to retrieve these texts in to my program, every item has same objectid,text name and Text object.. how can we segregate the texts from one item to other item

'

is there any thing else to maintain in the texts or please let me know how to retirieve the texts for these items

Thanks

tirumal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mandar_shete
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tirumal,

In VF03 -> Line itme text. double click on the text. It will take you to the editor. From the menu Goto-> Header, you will get the Language, Text ID, Text Object and Text Name.

TextName is the combination of Invoice No. and Line Item number.

Text Object is VBBP.

Text ID: It will be different for different text. (e.g. Material sales text => 0001, Item note => 0002 etc.)

So while calling READ_TEXT FM in your program pass following values.

CLIENT <Client> e.g. 030

ID <Text ID> e.g. 0001

LANGUAGE <Language in which text is maintained> e.g. DE

NAME <Invoice NoLine Item No.> e.g.0901000066000001 => 0901000066000001

OBJECT VBBP

Thanks,

Mandar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Thirumal Reddy,

If you want determine the text in the header level or item level you need to fallow these steps.

1.You need to define the text ID

2.You need to put that Text ID in to the text procedure header procedure or otem procedure).

3.Maintain the acceses sequence

4.You need to assign that text determination procedure to the Sales document type or item category.

4.In the item level you can seggregate the item text based on the item text ID if you maintain different text ID's for different items.

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.