cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of e-mail addresses in the forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ladies and Gents,

This is my humble opinion about a current practice in the forum - the practice of sending documents directly.

This does not help the other people coming afterwards, and reduces the value of the forum.

Can people please start linking to documents rather than emailing?

Regards,

EspenLeknes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How we can attach documents along with a thread. is there any common place where we can put it in and give the link.

regards,

rajesh.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

generally you can link attachment to every reply you post in the SDN forums. If you are writing a reply you will see the 'Attach Files' area under the text area. Here you can use the browse button to look for your document and the add it to your reply.

A second option would be to create a new WIKI page in the SDN WIKI area on the mentioned issue.

Best regards,

Christoph

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are writing a reply you will see the 'Attach Files' area under the text area. Here you can use the browse button to look for your document and the add it to your reply.

Christoph

I'm not finding the "Attach Files" under the text area. Can you help me with this?

Thanks

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

There a couple of questions i want to post in this form. But i can see that they are already posted(but not closed/no solution given). How can we ensure that they are closed(and knowledge or solution is shared) / or do we post the questions again in a new thread?

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

You can reply to those unanswered threads & bring it to the top, instead of creating new threads. This way, you are not creating duplicate threads & you are also asking your question.

Thanks & regards,

Amaresh Makal

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Espen,

I think this is a good idea. I made your thread sticky, so that it is always displayed at the beginning of the forum.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the impression there is two reasons this happens:

1) Distribution of copywrite material from SAP or Customers (cannot be published on the web)

2) Points awarding - if people are forced to reask a question, more points are awarded. Although this helps the users it provides no trackable solution for those seeking the answers to questions.