cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL2005 collation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

i am running sapinst installing sap 47 on sql 2005 server and iam getting this error :

Wrong server collation :J2ee installatin requires SQL_LATIN_GENERAL_CP850_BIN collation.

I have checkek there is a note but it seems its applying to SQL2000 not 2005 unless it will work for both.

any ideas welcome

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry it says :

Wrong server collation :J2ee installatin requires SQL_LATIN_GENERAL_CP850_BIN2 collation not SQL_LATIN_GENERAL_CP850_BIN collation

clas_hortien
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

you installed the SQL Server with the wrong collation. When you instal lthe SQL Server manually you have to choose the collation:

Binary Order based on code point comparison, for use with 850 (Multilingual)

This is the BIN2 collation.

If you are using the SQL4SAP.vbs script on the SQL Server DVD the SQL Server will be installed correctly.

Regards

Clas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are installing SQl 2005 with wrong collation

install sql 2005 with SQL_LATIN_GENERAL_CP850_BIN2.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

incorrect coalation selected while installing SQL 2005.

Use SQL_LATIN_GENERAL_CP850_BIN2

I guess your error will be gone.

Regards,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

That script will install that collation by default.When i used setup it does even show the SQL_LATIN_GENERAL_CP850_BIN2 collation when you get to choose collation.Running the installation with the script Clair mentioned will solve that problem not through setup.

Thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

That script will install that collation by default.When i used setup it does not even show the SQL_LATIN_GENERAL_CP850_BIN2 collation when you get to choose collation.Running the installation with the script Clas mentioned will solve that problem not through setup.

Thanks all

Answers (0)