Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC -> Xi -> Webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was trying to configure the scenario RFC -> XI -> Webservice in the blog

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

For diff webservice. I have a doubut regarding how does the data types that we define are mapped to Web service input.

Like they have created data types named, DT_getDistance. How does these gets mapped to Webservice input data type. Can i use any other name also instead of this name??

Thanks and best regards,

Kulwant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The WebService has different operations as following;

1. getState

2. getlocation

3. getCity

4. getDistance

5. getLatitude

6. getLongitude

These six thing are operations of webservices that is what u can do with it.

In that scenario, he is using the property of getDistance and did something in XML spy.

the main aim was to get distance between two given ZipCodes.

In this weblog context he used the DataType name as DT_getDistance, you can also use anything you want in place of that DataType. The main aim of creating that datatype is to add the input elements like to and from zip codes nothing else.and later in the message mapping link it to the RFC.

I hope this will clarify you.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

former_member1009864
Participant
0 Kudos

I was trying to configure the scenario RFC -> XI -> Webservice in the blog

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

For diff webservice. I have a doubut regarding how does the data types that we define are mapped to Web service input.

Like they have created data types named, DT_getDistance. How does these gets mapped to Webservice input data type. Can i use any other name also instead of this name??

according to me their is no use of creating Data Type for

webservice.Just import webservice in "External definition"

and use these in "Message interface".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kulwant

RFC sender adapter converts the incoming RFC data to XML message format so that it can be processed by the integration engine.

Now in outer part its the job of adapter (SOAP) to convert the received XML data from integration engine to the data accepted by Web services.according to the desired receiver we are using different adapters in XI.

here you are using SOAP for webservices

for the response structure of the SOAP the author hascreated a XSD and imported it as a external definition.

So soap is converting your data according to the desired output as the structure is given in XSD

hope it may help you

Thanks

SANDEEP

PS: if helpful kindly reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

Thanks for the information. But that didn't answered my question. I just wanted to know how does the XI comes to know that it needs to map input data in the data type DT_getDistance to the webservice input parameters. Does the Web service input parameters have the same name??

Thanks and best regards,

Kulwant Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your doubt is how the XI realize the names that to be handled in IS. right?

For this purpose we use the Message Mapping at Design and where we are mapping the field name; but internally it checks the type of elach element that we mapped ( source and target elements); Accordingly it generates a internal java code that handles the source and destination (input parameters in your words).

In this case we have to perform two different mapping where first one determines the input parameter check and the second one does the result structure that comes from WebService

Regards

- Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How does these gets mapped to Webservice input data type. Can i use any other name also instead of this name

If you go to your Integration repository you will find a message mapping between the RFC and Web service and that how the Interface knows how the data needs to be mapped.

Regards

Vijaya